Scots grandmother ‘humiliated’ in English Tesco after being ‘thrown out
A grandmother claims she was thrown of Tesco for being Scottish after being mistaken for a banned shopper with the same accent.
Aileen MacKellar, 65, popped into the supermarket to buy a pint of milk and a ready meal but was stopped at the till.
READ MORE: Two brothers found dead just streets apart in Scottish town
The cashier accused her of being banned from the store and when she asked why, she claims she was told: “Because you’re Scottish”.
It has since emerged another customer with a Scottish accent was escorted from the same store last month, after swearing at staff.
READ MORE: “Not... read more
- 18:04 Inmate at Doncaster prison given more time behind bars for...
- 18:02 Airdrie plant hire business ramps up eco credentials
- 18:02 Inmate at Doncaster prison given more time behind bars for...
- 18:02 Search for man who knocked woman's teeth out in Scarborough
- 18:01 Football fans' Babestation surprise at Bristol Rovers match
- 17:59 Myanmar Rohingya: Facebook 'still hosts hate speech'
- 17:57 Expectation level rises for impressive starting Leeds United
- 17:56 Average-sized parents stunned as 3 of their 4 kids have rare dwarfism
- 17:56 Everything you need to know about UTIs
- 17:56 Scientists hope sticking brain cells together could boost memory
- 17:55 New image shows how redesigned Fosse Park food court in Leicester...
- 17:55 This is what Garry Monk thought of Lee Camp and Gary Gardner's...
- 17:54 RBS comes bottom of bank league tables
- 17:54 Leeds hospitals make £260k from vending machines
- 17:54 Floodlight fire sees game abandoned
- 17:54 A Tale of Two Yorkshires: Crucial challenge ahead for Bradford, the...
- 17:53 Teacher ‘caught lying naked in bed with 17-year-old’ by another pupil
- 17:52 Love Island winners Jack Fincham and Dani Dyer coming to Edinburgh...
- 17:52 Putin to be surprise guest at Austria minister's wedding
- 17:51 Leeds hospitals make £260k from vending machines
- 17:51 A Tale of Two Yorkshires: Crucial challenge ahead for Bradford, the...
- 17:51 "We've got nothing to fear" - Manager's rousing message after...
- 17:51 Liverpool transfer news: Marko Grujic bid rejected due to permanent...
- 17:51 Returning Ben Gulliver ready to engage Coventry with community
- 17:50 The Tourism Times column with Tim Norman
- 17:49 Plans for car park at Glenfinnan Viaduct Harry Potter hotspot
- 17:49 Sheffield terror suspect 'close' to Manchester Arena bomber
- 17:47 Police release CCTV image following Kenilworth car break in
- 17:47 Staff shocked after Formula 1 driver's suit donated to Kenilworth...
- 17:47 Give North control of its destiny to go with rising rail fares,...