Scotland's jobs market remains weak despite uptick
THE number of people placed in permanent or temporary jobs in Scotland rose last month, but the market remains weak, the Bank of Scotland said today.
The lender’s latest Report on Jobs shows that the rate of growth was well below the average seen over the past two-and-a-half years of increasing placements.
While there was strong growth in demand for permanent staff, there was a continued drop in candidate availability, resulting in only a modest rise in permanent placements. Meanwhile, September saw a solid, albeit slower, rise in placements for temporary staff.
Demand for permanent and... read more
- 11:43 This panto in Wigan is definitely for adults!
- 11:43 Teachers would back car-free roads outside schools, survey suggests
- 11:42 Emery grabs the only goal as Town take another step to title
- 11:42 Drunk driver arrested for hit and run in Selby
- 11:42 Apprentices from Burnley blazing a trail for business success in...
- 11:41 Automation could replace 1.5 million jobs, says ONS
- 11:40 UB40’s Brian Travers has brain tumour, thanks fans letting him...
- 11:40 How Tesco is changing the way it sells fruit and veg
- 11:40 DWP staff reveal the truth about Universal Credit
- 11:40 Meet the bikers fighting back against the thieves taking their...
- 11:40 Spring clean to be held in Wooler
- 11:40 Treble tops for Warwickshire Bears but Ash almost bailed out
- 11:40 Brave six-year-old Sophia donates bone marrow to little brother
- 11:40 'Witch-hunt' claim as Labour leader reacts to meeting on Arch concerns
- 11:40 This former Birmingham City man is on the lookout for yet ANOTHER club
- 11:40 Man stabbed in Shrewsbury town centre in broad daylight at 8.30am...
- 11:40 Two dead after horror Market Drayton crash involving motorbike and...
- 11:39 Fancy a new build home in Mansfield Woodhouse?
- 11:39 Joan Hoggett death: Top prosecutor urges people to have their say...
- 11:39 Police are hunting this taxi driver after hit and run in York
- 11:38 Gainsborough sight loss support group issues call for volunteers
- 11:37 What will happen to the EHIC after Brexit?
- 11:37 Teenager arrested after police raid finds knife and shotgun in flat
- 11:37 Student sleeps for three weeks at a time because of ‘sleeping...
- 11:37 Bailiff gets her car clamped while on the job for parking on...
- 11:37 Teachers would back car-free roads outside schools, survey suggests
- 11:37 Criminals smuggling drugs and phones into prison in dead rats
- 11:37 Brexit: EU says no-deal is now ‘increasingly likely’
- 11:36 Take That will be on the big screen in Halifax for one night only
- 11:35 Plans for 130 homes in Hampton Magna recommended for approval