Scotland 1 Lithuania 1: 'Strachan played his loyalty card and it blew up in his face', Gordon Parks gives his verdict
This time – the hashtag motto from the SFA’s marketing team for a World Cup campaign in which we were supposed to buck old trends.
Sadly, this time it was against Lithuania and this time the result that will haunt us through Group F is as familiar as all of the failings of the past.
The culprits may have changed over the last two decades but the story remains the same.
Long before this small Baltic nation came within seconds of racking up a first away win in 12 attempts, Gordon Strachan had made decisions that only helped shoot us in the foot.
There’s almost an exact science to reaching... read more
- 08:59 Sheffield among worst places in country for dog attacks on postal...
- 08:58 Child airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cliff fall
- 08:57 Gallery: Annual Handmade Parade was once again a success
- 08:56 Man Utd on red alert as Neymar outlines Real Madrid transfer...
- 08:56 Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland slash current account interest for...
- 08:56 Grand motors: The 10 cars most likely to be listed for sale under...
- 08:56 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:55 One dead and two fighting for life during burglary in Bristol
- 08:55 Victory propels Erdoğan into elite club of strongman leaders
- 08:54 Public help police to chase down wanted Doncaster man
- 08:54 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser
- 08:54 Careers Day proves a hit at Sherburn
- 08:53 Deer 'stuck' in River Soar prompts 4 fire engines into action
- 08:53 Aston Villa step up preparations for the 2018/19 campaign
- 08:53 This is why there are no World Cup fan zones in Birmingham
- 08:53 This is where released goalkeeper Boaz Myhill could pitch up after...
- 08:51 Gossip: West Ham’s Wilshere concern?
- 08:51 Yorkshire QCs warn justice system is at ‘breaking point’
- 08:51 Uruguay team news: Predicted Uruguay line up vs Russia – Key...
- 08:51 Lord Inglewood named as new chairman of Cumbria LEP
- 08:51 Man arrested after alleged handgun incident in town centre
- 08:50 Child airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cliff fall
- 08:49 Lord Inglewood named as new chairman of Cumbria LEP
- 08:48 As Federer and Djokovic lose, what’s the state of play for Wimbledon?
- 08:48 Amber Valley Soroptimists’ fashion fundraiser
- 08:48 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:48 Lancashire County Council u-turn after unions force cuts rethink
- 08:46 Dog attacks 'major concern' for postal workers after 2,300...
- 08:45 This is why there are no World Cup matches being played this Friday
- 08:45 Major survey of Solihull's roads for £2 million safety projects