Scientists hope sticking brain cells together could boost memory
Sticking brain cells together with a glue-like substance could boost memory and protect against Alzheimer's, scientists hope.
Tests on mice with a newly created molecule suggests the out-of-the-box concept works. But trials have yet to take place on humans.
Neuroscientists have branded the idea ‘clever’, as they work round-the-clock to unearth new ways of protecting against Alzheimer’s.
Estimates suggest 500,000 patients in the UK and 5.5 million in the US are battling the most common form of dementia.
Currently there is no cure. But drugs can slow down its progression and the earlier it is... read more
- 18:00 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:57 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery told to strengthen ONE position...
- 17:56 Northamptonshire's crime commissioner asks: 'Would you pay £2 a...
- 17:53 Salon staff 'beauty shame' teenage customer with cruel comments on...
- 17:53 Drug dealer ordered to pay £21k or do more jail time
- 17:52 Post-Brexit immigration plan would damage UK economy, May told
- 17:51 Major delays as multiple 999 crews rush in after pedestrian is...
- 17:50 Juventus ‘compiling dossier’ on Manchester United star Marcus Rashford
- 17:48 Weekend hockey results
- 17:47 Shipston Home Nursing announces week long pop up
- 17:46 Hospitality graduates show off skills at Celtic Park
- 17:43 Six students at Toronto Catholic school charged with sexual assault
- 17:43 Leeds German Christmas Market carousel's long history
- 17:43 Hyponatraemia Inquiry: GMC investigates two doctors
- 17:41 Police issue statement as man is 'seriously hurt' in Goole attack
- 17:41 Woman pulled from River Tyne and taken to hospital after rescue...
- 17:40 Corbyn's bold Brexit vision shows up May's tired old soundbites
- 17:40 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:38 Ben Walmsley's death prompted warning over video game
- 17:37 'I go a little bit crazy' - ex-Birmingham City top scorer making a...
- 17:37 'It was very hard' - Forgotten Wolves striker reveals Molineux...
- 17:36 Jamal Khashoggi death: King Salman speaks but ignores murder
- 17:34 Man hospitalised after attack at Grassmoor Country Park
- 17:34 Harry Kane: probably not best in the world, but perfect for this...
- 17:33 Adverse weather clips in updated driving theory test
- 17:33 How a cracked tooth nearly KILLED this Lincolnshire man
- 17:31 Traffic pollution ‘linked to risk of autism in children’
- 17:31 One in four couples in Doncaster have weekly 'carguments'
- 17:30 Live updates as 'bomb squad' called to Bransholme after explosive...
- 17:29 Fylde Council look at plan to reverse trees decline