Schools forced to beg parents for £25 each to plug funding gap
Parents at two primary schools have been asked to donate £25 each to help balance the books.
Rose Street Primary School and West Minster Primary School in Sheerness, Kent, wrote to parents saying they needed help.
Their requests for cash come as headteachers from across the UK prepare to march on Westminster to complain about unsustainable budgets.
Steve Davies, executive headteacher of both schools, said that decreased budgets and cuts meant they were struggling to make ends meet.
He said: ‘Due to decreased budgets and educational cuts were have to reintroduce the School Fund.
‘We are in... read more
- 10:06 A look inside the centre treating the borough's cancer patients
- 10:05 Language used in police email on deployment of female officers...
- 10:05 Pub grub served up at Leicester pub in 1972 gives food for thought!
- 10:05 SIX changes for Hartlepool United boss Matthew Bates to consider...
- 10:05 Preston Grasshoppers must end dismal record at Leicester
- 10:05 Rugby man sentenced after assaulting police officer in town
- 10:02 How can you book a seat on Sir Patrick Stewart's Brexit protest coach?
- 10:02 Vandals wreck precious Stray bench
- 10:02 Police smash down door of house where woman let 20-strong gang of...
- 10:01 Top scare attractions in Lancashire 2018
- 10:01 Driver attacked traffic warden
- 10:01 Wakefield woman missing from hospital has been found
- 10:01 Hospitals struggling to cope with prostate cancer referrals
- 10:01 Missing Wakefield woman Angela Senior has been found
- 10:00 Baby octopus found off coast of Hartlepool
- 10:00 Ian Murray: Edinburgh’s world-leading cancer research is at risk
- 09:59 How can you book a seat on Sir Patrick Stewart's Brexit protest coach?
- 09:58 High Peak business helps to raise awareness of baby loss
- 09:58 Co-op worker stabbed at Manchester store with 'blood everywhere'
- 09:56 Patients affected by changes at Scarborough GP practice
- 09:56 Doncaster girl missing from home for five days
- 09:56 Treasured Wetherby store to close ending four generations
- 09:56 Afghanistan delays Kandahar vote after Gen Raziq killed
- 09:55 Hospitals struggling to cope with prostate cancer referrals
- 09:54 Latest crime figures show hundreds more offences across Harborough...
- 09:54 Wakefield woman missing from hospital has been found
- 09:54 Hospitals struggling to cope with prostate cancer referrals
- 09:54 Government borrowing in September lowest since 2007
- 09:54 Support for new Sheffield football stadium plans
- 09:54 Doncaster girl missing from home for five days