Schoolgirl shaves head to support friend with Alopecia
A BRAVE Kingsley Prep schoolgirl showed true friendship when she decided to shave her head after a friend developed Alopecia.
Ten year-old Sophie Heelis from Evesham decided to raise awareness of the common but widely misunderstood hair loss condition, by publicly shaving her head alongside her mum.
Her mum Annamarie said: “We were saddened by the ignorance that surrounds this affliction.”
“It is going to be quite a shock having no hair, but we feel it will be worth the looks, stares and discomfort to raise awareness and some money.”
So far they have raised £1300, which will be donated to... read more
- 10:03 Amazon's first checkout-free grocery store opens on Monday
- 10:04 New five-year plan recognises need for market improvements
- 10:03 Liverpool chiefs expected to fly for talks with Besiktas over £27m...
- 10:03 DVLA urgently tells motorists to retake eye tests amid concerns...
- 10:03 Hammerson sells Fife retail park as part of £164m disposal
- 10:04 LIVE: All the latest news from the Premier League
- 10:03 Sheep dog rescued after becoming trapped for two days
- 10:03 Brochure from 1980 gives fascinating insight into history of...
- 10:04 Boris Johnson blames Sadiq Khan for London knife crime 'scandal'
- 10:03 Thousands of days lost to bed blocking at the Sheffield Teaching...
- 10:03 Why 25 pubs a week are closing and many will never re-open
- 10:05 Rave reviews for Ribble Valley author's first fictional novel
- 10:03 Gossip: Chelsea wait for Manchester United’s response to Barcelona...
- 10:03 Worthy Melton borough causes share cash from Great Rempstone Steam...
- 10:04 Historic North of Tyne devolution deal reaches its final stage
- 10:03 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after Fleetwood death
- 10:03 No deal Brexit fears overblown, says JD Wetherspoon boss
- 10:04 Extent of PFI repayments revealed
- 10:04 In pictures: Rocester v Chasetown FC
- 10:04 Google Translate is spitting out weird doomsday messages saying the...
- 10:04 Islamic State 'Beatles' duo: UK 'will not block death penalty'
- 10:03 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho draws up shock plan amid talks for...
- 10:03 Volunteers desperately wanted to save factory hens from slaughter -...
- 10:04 New giant LED screen at Ricoh Arena 'one of largest in UK sport'
- 10:03 Investors favour global outlook as a result of Brexit
- 10:04 Firefighters free woman trapped after crash in Wakefield
- 10:03 Blackpool’s ‘Minor Ailment Scheme’ worry for children after fresh...
- 10:03 Work starts on £160m designer outlet just over an hour from Leicester
- 10:03 Universal Credit claimants struggling to navigate system, finds study
- 10:04 Polar opposites: holidays in the Arctic and the Antarctic