Schoolboy taken to hospital after being hit by car
A schoolboy was taken to hospital this morning after being hit by car in Wallasey.
Ambulance crews were called to the incident, near Wallasey Village train station, on Leasowe Road at about 7.35am.
Police then arrived and sealed off the area while paramedics treated the child before taking him to Arrowe Park Hospital.
The driver of a Nissan X-Trail, who was involved in the collision, stopped at the scene.
Officers say the boy has “slight injuries” and his condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
Eyewitnesses say he was “shaken up and was suffering with some back pain but not badly... read more
- 10:31 Police devise new tactic to snare drivers using phones
- 10:31 Judge's sympathy for man who used cannabis to numb pain
- 10:30 Rugby World Cup: Cover up your tattoos in Japan, players told
- 10:30 What Harrogate MP thinks of 'Save Brexit' rally coming to town
- 10:30 Storm Ali strikes Scarborough as wind set to take hold again
- 10:29 Survey: 95% of people in the North West are sleep deprived
- 10:29 Car ploughs into estate agents
- 10:29 Sky bid tussle to be settled by auction
- 10:28 Charity football match set for return in memory of Leeds United fan
- 10:28 What Harrogate MP thinks of 'Save Brexit' rally coming to town
- 10:27 Live from the Guildhall and first full Hull council meeting after...
- 10:27 Iconic Edinburgh detective Rebus makes his theatre debut
- 10:27 Top jazz talent plays at Eyemouth Hippodrome
- 10:27 Original twist to Oscar Wilde’s tale of depravity
- 10:27 Mix of great live music, excellent acting and Shakespeare thrown in...
- 10:26 Arsenal vs Vorskla TV channel, live stream, kick-off time, odds and...
- 10:26 Steve Waugh and Shane Watson urge Australia to recall disgraced...
- 10:26 Twitter backlash as tweet promoting FGM is seen 30,000 times
- 10:26 Four men arrested after a Worksop fight
- 10:24 Global economic growth has peaked, warns OECD
- 10:24 Doncaster man’s warning after losing £100,000 in online sex fraud
- 10:24 F91 Dudelange welcome Milan with a sense of destiny and disbelief
- 10:24 Bodyguard: How come ITV sold the BBC hit to Netflix?
- 10:23 Battle over borders in Chorley as councillors settle on new...
- 10:23 Cary Joji Fukunaga announced as director of next James Bond film
- 10:23 Wetherspoon, McDonald’s and TGI Fridays staff set to strike together
- 10:23 Shipston teenager convicted over police officer assault and...
- 10:22 Hotel bosses step in to help couple after wedding venue is...
- 10:21 Parents urged to apply for Northants school places for September...
- 10:21 ‘We’re steaming’ say residents over plans for up to 500 homes on...