School, and not social media, is 'by far the biggest concern' for stressed children
It is also disturbing that increasing numbers of children at nursery and primary school level are being treated at hospital for self-harming.
The study conducted by the charity Barnardo’s is released today ahead of Children’s Mental Health Week. Forty-two per cent of children in this group, known as iGen or Generation Z, have been distressed about their future.
Social media concerns range from cyberbullying to their number of “likes” on Facebook and Instagram. Hospital admissions for self-harm by children aged three to nine has increased by 27 per cent in England for the five years until... read more
- 00:57 Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker hopes role will inspire young girls
- 00:54 Over 2 million Britons risk dying early from multiple illnesses
- 00:54 NHS rationing putting hernia patients' lives at risk, say surgeons
- 00:54 UK police force failed to record 10,000 crimes, watchdog says
- 00:54 Lava 'bomb' crashes through roof of boat in Hawaii, injuring tourists
- 00:54 Only 1% of children's books have BAME main characters – UK study
- 00:54 Sudoku 4114 medium
- 06:55 Duncan Priddle: Take a trip to see Tolkein-esque beauty and rare...
- 06:55 Heart disease patients with multiple illnesses ‘in need of more help’
- 06:54 Drug mule says ‘I’m going to die, Lord help me’ in farewell video...
- 06:54 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho 'seriously impressed' with one star in...
- 06:42 School pupils hope anti-smoking film will go viral
- 06:54 Trojans turn on the style to seal impressive away win
- 06:54 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 06:54 Sheffield teenage girl missing from home for 11 days
- 06:42 Little fighter Roman nominated for Child of Courage Award
- 00:52 NHS rationing putting hernia patients' lives at risk, say surgeons
- 06:42 Volunteers take over at Jarrow community centre
- 00:52 MPs' anti-bullying rules will cover Speaker, Leadsom suggests
- 06:43 Chelsea transfer news: How Aleksandr Golovin could fit into...
- 06:42 Jarrow teens help boost charity funds with walk
- 00:29 Alarm for Netflix as shares plummet on worse-than-expected...
- 06:43 Chelsea transfer news: Aleksandr Golovin 'set to be confirmed...
- 06:42 Last chapter looms for Hebburn Library
- 00:29 Artificial intelligence will be net UK jobs creator, finds report
- 06:42 Private school fees set to rise by nearly 4% next year
- 00:29 Failure to enforce law means older workers face discrimination –...
- 06:42 South Shields family hopes to raise £10k for daughter
- 06:42 Usain Bolt may play football trial in Australia
- 06:42 US nuclear materials stolen last year are still missing