Scarborough family in crowdfunding campaign over special needs education
A family from North Yorkshire is preparing to launch a legal battle at the highest level amid fears over an impending “crisis” when it comes to education for vulnerable young people.
As revealed by The Yorkshire Post earlier this year, children and young people across the region with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are facing a raft of changes, from transport to teaching resource as authorities face difficult decisions over funding. Now, amid concerns over the ability of local authorities to meet their legal obligations, a crowdfunding campaign is being launched to... read more
- 09:55 Ex-USA gymnastics president arrested over Larry Nassar evidence
- 09:55 Online aggression skews debate over suspended West Ham youth coach
- 09:55 Cipriani misses out but Morgan earns call-up for England's autumn...
- 09:54 Moving tale of a World War One tragedy told through the mournful...
- 09:54 All your favourite jazz and blues classics
- 09:54 Abbey Consort concert marks the end of WW1
- 09:54 Manchester Arena bombing: Pre-inquest review into victim's deaths...
- 09:54 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle
- 09:54 Two people rescued from house fire in Daventry
- 09:54 Baby ballet helps Tommy’s
- 09:54 Work finally set to start on lifts at Lichfield Trent Valley station
- 09:53 Plenty of reflection at arts circle
- 09:53 Pregnant Meghan Markle wears unusual necklace on Royal Tour to...
- 09:53 Nostalgia: Starting a French tradition at Parklands High School in...
- 09:53 Ben Roberts: Why plastics play such an important environmental role
- 09:52 Red Kangaroo fire: What if you had a booking?
- 09:51 Theresa May 'losing support of colleagues' over Brexit concessions
- 09:50 Nostalgia: Starting a French tradition at Parklands High School in...
- 09:50 Kenilworth School's 1,300 pupils all learn to restart a heart
- 09:50 Petition to keep key buses routes in Market Harborough and...
- 09:50 Boy band Westlife announce new tour to celebrate their 20th...
- 09:48 Motorist denies causing death by careless driving after collision...
- 09:48 Ilkeston NatWest community banker: the new face of a changing industry
- 09:47 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle
- 09:47 Motorist denies causing death by careless driving after collision...
- 09:47 Police warning over ‘courier con’
- 09:46 The small space in Hull making a huge impact on city's nightlife
- 09:46 Faulty battery charger catches fire and completely destroys garage...
- 09:45 Fire crews tackle Earby house blaze after candles set alight
- 09:45 My cheating boyfriend gave me HIV - here's how I got justice