Savings crisis as less than one in three feel they are on track to achieve the level of retirement income they need
Just three in 10 adults feel they are either very or fairly confident they are on track to achieve the level income they want to see them through their retirement.
By contrast, half said they were not confident they were going to have generated the income they needed. For the over-55s age group, closer to retirement, the proportion was 47 per cent.
The worrying insight into savers' concerns that they will not have enough money for their pension years, was revealed in a survey that looked at retirement confidence across the country.
From a regional perspective, those in the East Midlands... read more
- 16:31 Revealed: Nine of the UK’s 10 cheapest seaside towns are in Scotland
- 16:30 Gardener and girlfriend win £3million on Lottery scratchcard
- 16:30 Why police divers were at Noddle Hill Way pond in Bransholme
- 16:29 Appeal for public to support March of Remembrance in Padiham
- 16:29 Church children Lent their help to local NHS
- 16:29 Burnley community reads entire Bible at local church event
- 16:29 Deputy director from KGH up for national women’s award
- 16:29 Teacher's touching gesture to help all girls go to prom
- 16:28 Six people arrested after fight in Mansfield town centre
- 16:28 Woman struck by traffic light in Southam
- 16:27 Man runs into Market Harborough supermarket with knife wound to his...
- 16:27 Dormer House School performs A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 16:27 Trump repeats call to deprive undocumented migrants of due process
- 16:23 Stars on song at Northumberland Live
- 16:23 Smoking, chip pans and candles: Fires in your home could be prevented
- 16:23 London is the most desirable city for overseas workers in the world...
- 16:22 FYI chub rub doesn’t only happen to fat people
- 16:21 Pilot mental health care scheme trialled to relieve pressures on...
- 16:21 Walk, run or jog - see the amazing women who joined Doncaster’s...
- 16:20 Pilot mental health care scheme trialled to relieve pressures on...
- 16:20 The former Coventry City favourite fans are desperate to see...
- 16:20 Walney rugby music festival 'brings community together'
- 16:20 Police report 'no issues' at problem house after closure order...
- 16:19 Church children Lent their help to local NHS
- 16:18 Walk, run or jog - see the amazing women who joined Doncaster’s...
- 16:18 Confirmed: Birmingham City sign Danish defender Kristian Pedersen
- 16:18 West Brom star ready to hand in transfer request in bid to force...
- 16:18 Love Island Jack's secret sex history that landed him in trouble at...
- 16:17 Woman struck by traffic light in Southam
- 16:16 Three quarters of Brits can't identify East Midlands landmarks