Saudi stabbings: three theatre performers attacked during show
Three performers were stabbed during a live play in the Saudi capital, state television said, in the first such attack since the ultra-conservative kingdom began easing decades-old restrictions on entertainment.
The suspect was arrested after he was seen stomping on to the stage in Riyadh’s King Abdullah park on Monday during a musical performance by what appeared to be a foreign theatre troupe, television footage showed.
“Riyadh police have arrested an Arab resident in possession of a knife after he stabbed two men and a woman, who were members of a theatre group,” said al-Ekhbariya state... read more
- 07:36 Royal Mail reveals what is in letters to Santa this year
- 07:32 Stage is set for donkeys' debut at Brighouse nativity
- 07:32 Car exploded on West Yorkshire high street when driver lit...
- 07:29 James Haskell and Chloe Madeley make baby announcement
- 07:28 Can you solve it? The club sandwich problem
- 07:26 Star Wars forecast to make 2019 all-time record year for UK box office
- 07:26 Midlothian Council’s carbon footprint down by a quarter
- 07:25 Roman Kemp and girlfriend open up on future of their relationship
- 07:24 Australia bushfires: 'Mega blaze' destroys homes ahead of heatwave
- 07:20 Water firms forced to cut bills by £50 by 2025
- 07:17 Is it a good idea to 'port' my mortgage to buy my partner's home?
- 07:17 Halifax has been a pain over moving cash between my accounts
- 07:16 Greece says it's 'reached limit' as arrivals of refugees show no...
- 07:16 Converting coal plants to biomass could fuel climate crisis,...
- 07:16 'Far too many are struggling': are universities failing autistic...
- 07:16 Dan knows Saints must take Big strides during crucial Christmas period
- 07:14 Driver was so drunk he didn’t even notice he had lost a tyre
- 07:13 Major changes to train timetables come into force today
- 07:10 Sausage roll song set to be Christmas number one, again
- 07:07 Whitehall shake-up planned 'to deliver people's priorities'
- 07:05 Writer left in tears after her therapy dog was refused entry into...
- 07:04 Desperate search for Ryan Molloy, 15, not seen for two weeks
- 07:05 Deaths could have been avoided at Glasgow hospital if staff had...
- 07:04 Car explodes when driver lights cigarette in powerful blast
- 07:04 Girl, 8, who planned her own funeral dies after doctors failed to...
- 07:04 Mesut Özil row: China's Arsenal fans burn shirts in anger at...
- 07:02 75 per cent of Brits prefer to sit by their pooch than the...
- 07:02 "I'm mutts about you" - Dog lover tracks down stray pup roaming...
- 07:02 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 06:59 Chance for a rest: Preston aiming to freshen up ahead of Christmas...