Saturday's best TV: Reginald D Hunter's Songs of the Border; Japandemonium
Reginald D Hunter’s Songs of the Border 9pm, BBC2
The comedian takes a 2,000-mile road trip along the US-Mexico border to see how music transcends a line drawn in the sand – in this case an iron fence that one artist manages to play as an instrument. Hunter meets musicians who play conjunto, narcocorrido and cumbia, and gets a seriously good performance from mariachi singer-turned-rapper Cecy B. Elsewhere, we learn how Mexico’s younger generation plan to resist Trump’s wall and we get wise to a new adjective: “chi chi poo poo”. Mike Bradley
Japandemonium 6.30pm, ITV
Melvin Odoom introduces... read more
- 23:15 Fantasy Premier League tips: FPL players you must avoid in 2018/19...
- 01:08 Samuel Ribansky: Why Brexit equates to frack if Britain to secure...
- 18:52 Thai cave rescue boys mourn after hearing that diver died
- 18:52 Judge halts deportation of families reunified by Trump administration
- 18:52 Trump 'treasonous' after siding with Putin on election meddling
- 18:52 Alexis Sánchez misses the start of Manchester United’s American tour
- 18:52 Football and fat fees: questions raised over funding of sporting...
- 18:52 Tributes paid to Ray Emery after NHL champion drowns at age of 35
- 18:52 Sri Lanka captain Dinesh Chandimal banned for two Tests and four ODIs
- 18:52 Lizzie Deignan will lead Trek’s new professional women’s cycling team
- 18:52 Craig Parry recalls Van de Velde fiasco and missing his own Open...
- 18:52 Bradley Wiggins stirs pot with warning of leadership battle in Team...
- 18:52 Did you solve it? Head-spinning bicycle puzzles
- 18:51 Love Island did not breach rules showing Dani Dyer's 'distress'
- 18:51 Most expensive Chinese film ever pulled from cinemas after it bombs
- 18:51 Ready for this jelly: how Kylie Jenner kickstarted the #jellynails...
- 00:54 Parents warned over 'toxic' slime
- 00:54 'Billion dollar ransom': Did Qatar pay record sum?
- 18:51 Final whistle: women call time on boring, ugly football kits
- 18:51 Wimbledon vs The World Cup: The style verdict
- 00:54 Prehistoric bake-off: Recipe for oldest bread revealed
- 18:51 Dozens of rabbis say Labour chooses to ignore UK Jewish community
- 00:54 Bowel cancer screening could shed light on other conditions
- 00:54 Anti-knife crime lessons for holidays
- 18:51 'The right to sit': Indian law change allows female workers to rest
- 00:54 Editing human embryos 'morally permissible'
- 00:54 Danny Welbeck’s Arsenal future under threat as Unai Emery begins to...
- 00:48 Lava ‘bomb’ strikes tour boat injuring 22 people near Kilauea Volcano
- 00:48 The cameras that know if you're happy - or a threat
- 16:30 'I nearly died': Richard Bacon pays tribute to NHS after health ordeal