Sarri hopes Hazard will follow Kanté’s lead and sign new Chelsea deal
Maurizio Sarri has welcomed the “important news” that N’Golo Kanté has signed a new five-year contract at Chelsea and, with the club under threat of a transfer embargo as Fifa investigates the recruitment of minors from abroad, is hopeful Eden Hazard will follow suit.
Kanté, secured from Leicester in the summer of 2016 and an ever-present in the league under Sarri, has signed a deal to 2023 worth around £290,000 a week. Chelsea have been hoping to tie down Hazard to similar terms for some time, though no agreement has been reached. The Belgian, who indicated over the summer that he may be... read more
- 00:32 Revealed: Watch shocking abuse on Yorkshire firefighters targeted...
- 00:32 Six months of disruption: M621 in Leeds to be shut overnight for...
- 00:24 Grace Millane: Man appears in court charged with backpacker's murder
- 00:17 Manic Street Preachers announce new album and Leeds date
- 00:14 What really freaks us out about Christmas
- 00:14 YouTube gives £600,000 to target glamorisation of violence on...
- 00:11 Grace Millane murder: accused appears in court for the first time
- 00:05 UK to crack down on Scottish shell firms
- 00:05 Tories tell Derek Mackay he can boost spending without raising taxes
- 23:59 Crossrail may not open next year despite mooted extra £1bn
- 23:43 Matteo Guendouzi explains why Unai Emery was key to him...
- 23:22 Jürgen Klopp: I was not for one second worried about Mohamed...
- 23:22 Romelu Lukaku: bulking up for World Cup has hampered my club form
- 23:22 Marco Silva believes Richarlison has quality to score 20 goals a...
- 23:22 Arsenal to battle Manchester United for Hertha starlet Arne Maier
- 23:19 Harry Redknapp crowned I'm A Celeb 2018 champion in emotional scenes
- 23:15 May in last-ditch bid to save Brexit deal despite growing mutiny
- 23:09 Buenos Aires becomes ghost town as fans follow delayed final
- 23:05 Chelsea bosses could let David Luiz leave over contract policy
- 22:58 Aston Villa star reveals the ‘really bad’ moment that transformed...
- 22:58 I'm A Celebrity 2018 winner revealed after shock final two
- 22:56 Cheryl's net worth revealed after losing lucrative L'Oreal contract
- 22:56 Princess Diana and Charles had 'unexpected source of tension in...
- 22:56 I'm A Celeb Scot John Barrowman has fans in stitches with sarcastic...
- 22:53 David Luiz could be forced out by Chelsea’s over-30s contract policy
- 22:53 Ronnie O’Sullivan beats Mark Allen to secure seventh UK snooker crown
- 22:51 Jose Mourinho, Ben Mee tackle, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Brian Clough -...
- 22:49 More than 1,000,000 drivers to be hit by new £12.50 pollution charge
- 22:49 French protester’s hand blown off by grenade he tried to pick up
- 22:43 I'm a Celebrity: Harry Redknapp wins ITV series