Samsung phone owners find they CAN'T delete Facebook app - and they're not happy
A new report has revealed that Samsung phone owners can’t delete the Facebook app, even if they want to.
The report, by Bloomberg, revealed that these users can only disable the Facebook app, rather than remove it altogether.
The Facebook app comes pre-installed on Samsung devices, thanks to a deal between the two tech giants.
Speaking to Bloomberg, a Facebook spokesperson said that the disabled version of the app acts like it’s been deleted.
This means that it doesn’t continue to collect data or send information back to Facebook.
However, this isn’t something that is widely communicated... read more
- 01:43 Brexit: What happens to the Erasmus student scheme in a no deal?
- 01:43 Young people living in vans, tiny homes and containers
- 01:41 North Korea must take 'meaningful' steps to earn sanctions relief,...
- 01:30 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:30 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Stopping the rot – high time for high...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: The rise of the Independents – give this...
- 01:22 Auckland threatens to eject Lime scooters after wheels lock at high...
- 01:21 Jeremy Corbyn calls on eight Labour defectors to quit as MPs
- 01:15 Alex Sobel: Why it is now vital that we extend Article 50 over Brexit
- 01:15 Jayne Dowle: The Independent rebels with a cause must look to...
- 01:15 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:09 On the grid for new kart season
- 00:54 Lincolnshire councils have spent THOUSANDS of pounds hosting awards...
- 00:49 Council leaders warned against imposing car park tax levy ahead of...
- 00:48 Teacher targeted over LGBT work shortlisted for $1m global award
- 00:36 Cost of care for asylum-seeking children ‘doubles in four years’
- 00:36 Culture secretary to meet Mark Zuckerberg in US after snub to MPs
- 00:35 Olives pitting US against EU in global trade fight
- 00:27 City centres 'could become ghost towns'
- 00:26 Sign up for junior golf sessions in Alford
- 00:26 Bowls A team enjoy Horncastle win
- 00:24 India Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias ‘failed abuse victims’
- 00:22 High streets will become 'ghost towns' without urgent tax reforms,...
- 00:21 Fresh concerns over Whirlpool's 'fire-risk' tumble dryer repairs
- 00:21 David Mundell claims Brexit will enhance devolution
- 00:21 Musicians voice concern over Ryan Adams' abuse allegations
- 00:17 LGBT-row teacher in top 10 award
- 00:17 Warning over cost of caring for young asylum seekers