Salisbury MP 'convinced' residents are safe from nerve agent
The MP for Salisbury has said residents are feeling bewildered, disconcerted and angry but insisted he was convinced people in the city were safe following the nerve agent attack on a Russian spy and his daughter.
John Glen said health advice given to people who were in the same restaurant and pub as Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, was a “belt and braces” approach.
Glen, who is city minister, became the first member of the government to name the Skripals. He said that prior to the attempted murder he had not been made aware that Sergei Skripal lived in Salisbury and called for “very... read more
- 01:48 Syria war: Seized foreign IS fighters 'must be taken home'
- 01:48 Suge Knight faces 28 years in jail after admitting manslaughter
- 01:47 'I gave birth, and got Hepatitis C'
- 01:45 Universities warned over potentially misleading claims
- 01:38 Imprisoned suffragette letter discovered
- 01:36 Mission implausible: Russians mock improbable spy duo
- 01:28 Reality Check: Holyhead's Brexit dilemma
- 01:20 Was Prezzo Salisbury poisoning a hoax?
- 01:20 Strictly dancers to go on strike?
- 01:15 Morrison defends $1.2bn 'slush fund' for Catholic and independent...
- 01:15 British museums face fight to gain control of Titanic artefacts
- 00:58 All the plastic you can and cannot recycle
- 00:55 Why is IVF so popular in Denmark?
- 00:54 How China's GPS 'rival' Beidou is plotting to go global
- 00:53 Anthony Joshua feeling 'tons of pressure' but will find a way to...
- 00:53 Storm Bronagh set to batter UK with 70mph gusts in Ali aftermath
- 00:53 This is the thing most likely to hospitalise you in Birmingham
- 00:47 Michigan professor embroiled in Israel boycott row
- 00:43 Feeling hungry? Try out latest recipe from the Magpie Cafe
- 00:31 Wolf Alice: 'Our album is like hummus'
- 00:31 Women 'half as likely' as men to start a business
- 00:29 WATCH: Alex Neil's full press conference ahead of Preston North...
- 00:25 A&E appointments system proposed in NHS targets shakeup
- 00:25 Labour's annual conference to focus on austerity and Brexit
- 00:25 Jeremy Corbyn's spending plan for public services backed by majority
- 00:23 Amazon Echo Dot (2018) hands on review: the perfect Echo entry point
- 00:20 US steps up fight against slave labor 'to safeguard American jobs'
- 00:20 UK's nuclear deterrent infrastructure 'not fit for purpose', say MPs
- 00:18 Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood's widow weeps as she admits she...
- 00:11 UK universities 'still inflate their statuses despite crackdown'