Safety plea after crazed knifeman threatens University of Derby student
The University of Derby has issued a safety warning after one of its students was threatened by a knife-wielding robber.
Police are continuing to hunt for the crazed thug who screamed at his victim as he waved the six-inch blade at her during the incident at around 11.15pm on Thursday, January 11.
Kim Sergison was walking along Nuns Street back to her student accommodation after finishing a shift at Kedleston Fish Bar when the man approached her and threatened her.
The university has now emailed students to say: "Walk confidently and be aware of what's going on around you at all times.... read more
- 03:05 Facebook struggling to end hate speech in Myanmar, investigation finds
- 02:51 Nauru hunger strike: 12-year-old boy at imminent risk of dying
- 02:26 Signature pubs create 150 jobs after £10m investment
- 02:26 PureLiFi lights the way in O2’s 5G trials
- 02:02 New pesticides may harm bees as much as existing ones – study
- 01:50 Defying stereotypes of older age, the volunteer who is busier than...
- 01:47 #nomorewrinklyhands: The fight to banish ‘dehumanishing’ imagery of...
- 01:47 Defying stereotypes of older age, the volunteer who is busier than...
- 01:36 Defying stereotypes of older age, the volunteer who is busier than...
- 01:30 REVIEW: Fame - The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 01:23 Jailed for abortion: the 15-year-old girl failed by Indonesia
- 01:18 Last place in England to offer publicly-funded homeopathy is to...
- 01:18 Men trust their doctor more if they are the same race, study finds
- 01:11 Young people 'more sceptical about value of university' – poll
- 01:05 Sudoku 4140 hard
- 01:00 Australians living longer but life expectancy dips in US and UK
- 00:58 Majority of Scottish voters feel ignored by UK ministers on Brexit
- 00:55 ‘Comfort women’: the dark history of Japan’s WWII sex slaves
- 00:55 Bitcoin price falls below £5,000 as market hits ‘panic mode’
- 00:53 REVIEW: Fame - The Musical, Opera House, Blackpool
- 00:37 Tory suspended over "Nazi" language
- 00:37 Happy Jansson signs new deal with Leeds United
- 00:20 Almost 350 news outlets to publish editorials denouncing Trump's...
- 00:18 Frampton vs Jackson: Northern Irish sporting history will be made -...
- 00:12 Picket Lines Fair Game
- 00:10 Peterloo director calls for 1819 massacre to be taught in UK schools
- 00:06 Man, 36, nearly dies after smoking four joints that triggered rare...
- 00:06 Weight gain after quitting smoking increases a person’s type 2...
- 00:05 West Midlands Police officer charged over indecent child images
- 00:01 Meghan Markle might be pregnant - if you notice this subtle sign