Russian spy: UK considers request to visit Yulia Skripal
A request by the Russian Embassy to visit Yulia Skripal in hospital is being considered by the UK government.
The UK holds Russia responsible for the poisoning of Ms Skripal and her father, ex-spy Sergei Skripal, by a nerve agent in Salisbury on 4 March.
The Russian Embassy in London says it "insists on the right to see" Ms Skripal, who is a Russian citizen.
The rights and wishes of Ms Skripal, now thought to be conscious, will be taken into account, the UK said.
The Foreign Office said it would consider Russia's request in line with its obligations under international and... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle