Russia uses dogs CLONED from 'Korea's best sniffer hounds' to guard murderers in one of its toughest prisons (but one of them needs socks to keep its paws warm)
Two designer dogs cloned in a laboratory have started work guarding murderers and rapists at one of Russia's toughest jails.
Tom and Jack have shown skills 'beyond all expectations' in their first three weeks at Forced Labour Camp Number One in Yakutsk.
The dogs had struggled in early training, but it is now thought they were simply adjusting to the cold climate, where temperatures can plunge to -40C.
One has even been given a pair of special boots to help cope with the conditions.
The pair were bred by leading international cloning expert Dr Hwang Woo Suk from South Korea.
He gifted them... read more
- 05:46 UFC champ Conor McGregor's clothing line pulled from shop shelves...
- 05:44 World peace at last: Japan surrenders, archive 1945
- 05:30 'Modest' schemes win extra funding from cash-strapped...
- 05:28 South Africa rhino poaching: 'Bribes paid to court syndicate'
- 05:26 Heatwave reveals England's lost prehistoric sites
- 05:23 Four city hospitals had 'well above' maximum safe number of...
- 05:23 Joe Anderson says 'Too many people in Liverpool don't care about...
- 05:23 Is this the Liverpool drug world's least impressive gang name yet?
- 05:22 Poor hospital discharge process puts patients 'at risk'
- 05:22 More than 52,000 baby boxes given out in scheme's first year
- 05:11 Refugees crossing from Bosnia 'beaten and robbed by Croatian police'
- 05:11 South Korean leader calls for train route to North Korea by end of...
- 05:09 World War II bomber to take a starring role for open day at fire...
- 05:06 Public toilets mapped: Where have they all gone?
- 05:02 The drug that makes people jump off buildings
- 05:02 How housing has divided the young
- 04:55 Families of Scots soldiers murdered by IRA in CCTV bid after...
- 04:55 Man died onboard boat at Fraserbugh Harbour amid 'poison fumes' alert
- 04:55 Gordon Brown: Two in five Scottish kids could be living in poverty...
- 04:55 Miracle cystic fibrosis drug licensed for use 1000 days ago still...
- 04:55 Manmade tale of using feminism as cover for Islamophobia shrinks...
- 04:51 Police officer attacked in car park of Kettering fast-food restaurant
- 04:42 South Korea to ban some BMW vehicles over engine fires
- 04:41 Hundreds of new council homes to be built in Leicester as part of...
- 04:41 Why dog owners whose pets were found in Blaby have ended up in court
- 04:37 Logan becomes a prince for a day at his fairytale ‘wedding’
- 04:36 Charity’s fun day raises over £1.3k
- 04:30 Fraser Anning: Australia MPs condemn 'final solution' speech
- 04:24 Primaries: Republicans snub Trump critic as Democrats choose...
- 03:41 Kansas: Kris Kobach to be GOP nominee for governor as incumbent...