Russia and US in fierce row over Syria at UN Security Council
The US and Russia have traded barbs at a UN Security Council meeting on the alleged chemical attack in Syria.
Russian envoy Vassily Nebenzia said the incident in Douma was staged and that US military action in response could have "grave repercussions".
US Ambassador Nikki Haley said Russia had the "blood of Syrian children" on its hands.
Earlier, the UN human rights chief said world powers were again responding to the possible use of chemical weapons with a "collective shrug".
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle