Rush hour chaos as Scotland hit by 70mph gale force winds
Scotland faced a windy start on Monday as 70mph winds cause chaos for rush hour commuters.
The high winds have led to disruption across the country, with many roads closed or restricted.
A lorry has reportedly overturned on the A1 Northbound at Thistle Cross Roundabout.
The Tay Road Bridge has been closed to high sided vehicles, and the Met Office has issued a yellow warning for high wind across the country.
Heavy showers are also expected to affect parts of western and northern Scotland
Warnings have been issued for Clackmananshire and Erskine bridges and the Forth Road Bridge is closed to... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle