Rugby player's jaw broken in drunken attack
A drunken man who broke the jaw of a young rugby player has been spared an immediate prison sentence.
Andrew Hunter, 30, injured Jack Peet with a single, mighty punch as boisterous late night behaviour between two groups of men in Penrith town centre turned violent.
Mr Peet, a former north of England under-18 rugby union player, underwent surgery after the attack to fit metal plates and screws into his jaw. This had been fractured twice.
Hunter was sentenced at Carlisle Crown Court today having admitted causing Mr Peet grievous bodily harm in the early hours of November 8 last year.
The... read more
- 14:09 England v Panama: Are you featured in these photos from Leeds’s...
- 14:07 It’s coming home: England fans CONVINCED Three Lions are winning...
- 14:06 The Reporting Back from Westminster column with MP Julian Smith
- 14:06 Mailbox residents "face ruin" after service charge increase
- 14:04 England vs Panama: Arsene Wenger BLASTS Kyle Walker and says Eric...
- 14:01 Wife takes husband back to prison after he was mistakenly released
- 13:57 Fancy a swim? These five outdoor swimming pools are now open for...
- 13:57 Young adults in Coventry urgently told to vaccinate before holidays...
- 13:57 Three vehicle smash in Carlton in Lindrick
- 13:56 Why Jorge Mendes is assisting Nottingham Forest as well as Wolves
- 13:55 World Cup top scorers: Harry Kane LEVEL with Ronaldo and Lukaku in...
- 13:52 What is Newton's second law of motion?
- 13:51 Boy, 15, dragged from shop and attacked with machete before...
- 13:45 Glasgow School of Art fire safety system 'was weeks away'
- 13:43 The many qualities of your herbs
- 13:42 Barrow MP John Woodcock calls for harassment investigation to be...
- 13:41 Dolphins caught on camera swimming near Roker Pier in Sunderland
- 13:38 Girl, 15, dead and boy, 14, fighting for his life after ‘adverse...
- 13:37 Skimming devices being used at Notts cash machines
- 13:35 Model whose face was melted in acid attack on 21st birthday shares...
- 13:35 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho was offered Atletico Madrid...
- 13:32 'Lowlife' thieves steal nurse's car in Headingley
- 13:32 Beauty tips: the joy of highlighters
- 13:31 Unlucky England fan travels to Russia for World Cup game against...
- 13:31 New move in £16.8m football hubs project
- 13:30 Meet Coventry's most famous dog with an army of Instagram followers
- 13:29 Dare to dream: Eleven things that would definitely happen if...
- 13:28 Ulverston to celebrate retro cycling
- 13:26 State of Origin 2018: New South Wales down Queensland to win series
- 13:25 Birmingham’s chip shop queen Artemis Pili dies aged 100