Royal Mail asks people to stop posting crisp packets
Royal Mail has been forced to ask people to stop putting Walkers crisp packets into postboxes.
It follows a campaign which encourages people to send their empty crisp packets back to Walkers in a stand against plastic waste.
But the postal service have now had to ask people to put the packets in an envelope if they wish to take part.
Royal Mail has urged customers not to post anything that is not correctly packaged, warning that such items could be delayed or taken out of the system.
If the packets are not placed in envelopes they cannot go through machines and must be sorted by hand.... read more
- 06:16 Leeds prepares moving salute to tragic soldier George Edwin Ellison
- 06:14 William Wallace: Helping music education in state schools to hit...
- 06:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Brexit divisions laid bare by People’s...
- 06:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Postcode lottery for surgery goes against...
- 06:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Jason Liversidge’s spirit of adventure is...
- 06:14 HS2 route ‘will have devastating impact’ in South Yorkshire, claims...
- 06:12 Kavanaugh once lobbied for judge now handling ethics complaints...
- 06:12 UK’s science reputation 'at risk if academic visa issues not resolved'
- 06:12 'Why was their trust betrayed?': Australia apologises to child sex...
- 06:11 Poet laureate Carol Ann Duffy reflects on First World War with...
- 06:11 Bodyguard ‘most misogynistic TV show in years’
- 06:11 Apple pick of the bunch as UK’s most popular private employers...
- 06:10 Tom Lees: Tories could pay the price for criminal record on...
- 06:10 Chris Hemsworth picks up US hitchhiker in Australia
- 06:09 Actress Selma Blair reveals multiple sclerosis diagnosis
- 06:07 Childhood obesity rates in Hartlepool are among the highest in England
- 06:07 Hartlepool students return from African adventure with new outlook...
- 06:07 Chelsea news: Blues could LOSE ‘unhappy’ N’Golo Kante due to...
- 06:02 Helen Martin: Bosses! You need to listen to your frontline staff
- 06:02 Robert Aldridge: Jacob Rees-Mogg still insists on ‘Tinkerbell Brexit’
- 06:02 New hires broaden boundaries at tech firm
- 06:02 MPs push for research on antimicrobial resistance
- 06:02 Brian Monteith: Embattled Theresa May tangled up in her own red lines
- 06:02 Labour calls for end to cashpoint charges
- 06:02 Axe council tax to secure budget deal, demand Greens
- 06:00 Jayne Dowle: Fear of Yorkshire’s strengths reveals Westminster’s...
- 06:00 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:59 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:56 US throws diplomatic support behind Macedonia name change
- 05:52 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday