Row over bingo money at miners' welfare club ends in brawl as committee man is sent through ladies toilets by punch
A FORMER official at a miners’ welfare club that became nationally-famous during the Miners’ Strike sent a committee man sprawling through the ladies’ toilet door after being accused of drinking the bingo money.
Trouble flared after the pair argued at the Fallin Miners’ Welfare, near Stirling.
Alexander Reynolds, 63, who had served at least three terms of office on the club’s committee, clashed with current committee man Dickie Maxwell, 58, at a dominoes night.
According to Mr Maxwell, Mr Reynolds swung a punch at him at he came out of the gents, which caught him above the left eyebrow.... read more
- 11:20 Here's why your business should be aiming for a Queen's Award
- 11:20 Theatre preview: Pride and Prejudice reimagined for the 21st Century
- 11:19 Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova line up grass-court matches prior...
- 11:19 Man Utd growing confident over signing Willian due to Chelsea budget
- 11:19 Man Utd legend Roy Keane: Why I DON’T regret walking out of 2002...
- 11:19 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:18 Charlie and Gayle Anderson deaths: Couple 'dreamed' of Jamaica move
- 11:18 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:17 Northumberland mum one of 'top 50 women in engineering'
- 11:17 Record run chase is just the job for F&B
- 11:15 Dublin crash horror: Car hits crowd outside church - two seriously...
- 11:14 Quiz: World Cup hat-tricks
- 11:14 Women's decathlon set for US debut – but do athletes really want it?
- 11:14 Sunderland's Bette Davis expert set to speak at celebrity conference
- 11:14 Watch: Huge flames and black smoke rise into the sky after 'arson...
- 11:14 Mansfield Woodhouse road closed after motorbike crash
- 11:14 The Met Office is introducing two new types of weather warnings -...
- 11:14 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:14 Britain braced for 'blowtorch' heatwave which could spark...
- 11:13 Stacked up on sun cream? Here are seven things you didn't know...
- 11:13 Can sunscreen stop you from getting a tan?
- 11:12 Mystery over sudden death of boy, 3, who went to sleep and never...
- 11:12 Dog gets jaw and tongue stuck in toy she only had for 30 minutes
- 11:12 Morley RFC welcomes new chair and president with family day
- 11:11 Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- 11:11 More rare dormice released into the wild
- 11:11 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:10 Gareth Southgate would not swap Harry Kane for anyone
- 11:10 Fantastic family fun on the canal
- 11:10 Inquest adjourned following sudden death of Barrow dad, 45