Rotherham children’s hospice provides vital support for hundreds of families
Grateful families' emotional tributes to positive facility for its "family-like' atmosphere
‘Amazing’, ‘a life-line’, ‘incredible’ – these are just some of the ways grateful families describe Bluebell Wood Hospice.
Situated down a private road in North Anston, near Rotherham, the valuable facility offers care and support to children with life-limiting conditions, many of whom are not expected to live to adulthood.
But despite people’s preconceptions the building is not a sad, negative or depressing environment, but instead a place that is full of love, laughter and warmth.
Since... read more
- 02:05 Major military exercise targets Bamburgh Castle
- 02:00 Massive step forward for huge housing estate on 30-acre site
- 01:59 Chile promises to investigate Mapuche killing
- 01:37 Quiz of the Week: Which superhero wasn't Lee's?
- 01:37 Khmer Rouge surviving leaders face genocide verdict
- 01:25 North Korea's Kim Jong-un supervises test of 'new ultramodern weapon'
- 01:16 Sophia Jex-Blake: The battle to be Scotland's first female doctor
- 01:16 Melbourne shipwreck beer back in Glasgow after 150 years
- 01:16 Police investigate NHS Tayside brain surgeon harm
- 01:16 Police Scotland cyber kiosks 'could be unlawful'
- 01:08 Dejan Lovren taunts Sergio Ramos and calls Spain ‘p******’ after...
- 01:07 England 3-0 USA: Wayne Rooney marks final Three Lions appearance in...
- 00:58 Volkswagen budget electric car: what we know about the Tesla Model...
- 00:55 Sudoku 4,219 hard
- 00:51 ‘Ignore this’: Jonathan Franzen’s top 10 writing tips get gleefully...
- 00:48 Schools admit informally excluding pupils
- 00:48 UK banks urged to justify 'staggering' level of branch closures
- 00:43 Farewell to Wayne Rooney brought cheers and a hymn to the new age
- 00:43 Steve Smith and David Warner welcomed back by IPL teams
- 00:43 Talking Horses: Cheltenham's autumn meeting puts jumping at centre...
- 00:43 Jarryd Hayne reportedly under investigation over allegations of...
- 00:43 Wayne Rooney tears stop Gareth Southgate’s England dressing-down
- 00:41 Missing Sandra Gant: Family 'have to accept she died'
- 00:41 Homeless family in Cornwall rehoused 13 times in 18 weeks
- 00:36 John Kerry: Europe must tackle climate change or face migration chaos
- 00:35 'How Amazon helped me transition to a woman'
- 00:33 How 'miniature suns' could provide cheap, clean energy
- 00:32 Flu vaccine delays for over-65s 'resolved by weekend'
- 00:29 Winstanley House, Get Busy Living Centre and New Lubbesthorpe among...
- 00:24 Khmer Rouge leaders face 'Nuremberg judgment' on genocide charges