Roger Federer reveals what he REALLY wants to be remembered for
The Swiss ace returned to No 1 last weekend for the first time in five years after beating Grigor Dimitrov in the Rotterdam Open final.
Federer - now the oldest ever world No 1 at 36 - continues to defy the odds.
He has won three Grand Slams, to take his overall career total to 20, since a six-month injury lay-off threatened to end his time at the top.
But added to the overwhelming success he has enjoyed across his 20-year career, Federer hopes that he has ensured himself a legacy off of the court too.
“I do not want to be remembered only for my wins,” he said.
“Hopefully, in the future,... read more
- 16:48 Boy, 11, mauled by dogs in park forced to re-home own pets
- 16:48 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:48 Man, 75, pops into shelter every day and has a nap with cats
- 16:45 Thief smashes his way into Kapow and steals claw hammer in string...
- 16:45 Man arrested outside Buckingham Palace on suspicion of having Taser
- 16:42 Spreading the flood resilience message
- 16:40 Man held over 'Taser' at Buckingham Palace
- 16:38 Leeds spice: Everything you should know about how the drug is...
- 16:37 Mablethorpe runners complete Humber Coastal Half
- 16:36 Thug stamped on woman’s head repeatedly then trashed her home
- 16:36 Labour pledge to fund alcohol care team in every NHS England hospital
- 16:36 Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri SLAMS Premier League scheduling after...
- 16:33 How to spot signs of a heart attack, ahead of World Heart Day
- 16:32 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:31 ‘Time to reflect on another young life being taken in our city’...
- 16:31 ‘Extremely challenging' night for officers in Sheffield who dealt...
- 16:31 Sheffield Supertram passengers warned of cancellations on purple route
- 16:26 Katerina by James Frey – digested read
- 16:25 'Every fan wants one in their team' - Leeds United expert on...
- 16:24 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:21 Anthony Joshua: Critics must now shut up after modern day great...
- 16:21 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:20 Timeline: Flashback to 1969
- 16:20 Police looking for missing boy, 15, who has links to Leicestershire
- 16:20 Watch moment tractor explodes as firefighters tackle blazing...
- 16:18 Kilmarnock 2 Celtic 1: Hoops legend brands team 'very ordinary'...
- 16:17 Welfare spending for UK's poorest shrinks by £37bn
- 16:16 Rudstone Walk boss speaks out after shock closure of wedding venue
- 16:16 Hartlepool health chiefs pledge to ‘dive deep’ to tackle drug and...
- 16:14 Pardoned film-maker James Ricketson lands back in Australia