Roger Federer CRASHES website after winning Laureus World Sports Awards
Federer, 36, picked up the Sportsman of the Year and Comeback of the Year awards at a ceremony on Tuesday night.
His successes had fans rushing to the Laureus website which crumbled under the weight of search.
Federer earlier fought back the tears while paying tribute to his long-time rival Rafael Nadal.
The 36-year-old became the most decorated person in the awards' history as he beat fellow nominees Nadal, Cristiano Ronaldo and British trio Chris Froome, Mo Farah and Lewis Hamilton to claim the sportsman of the year prize.
The Swiss recovered from back and knee problems in 2016 to win the... read more
- 20:07 Police to probe if Salisbury nerve agent scare was hoax
- 20:04 Scottish Blue Planet cameraman on 35-year long career and working...
- 20:04 Maryland shooting: Armed woman kills three and injures several at...
- 20:04 Meghan Markle reveals why she's proud to live in London during...
- 20:04 Earliest animal fossils are identified
- 20:03 Scottish ministers warned on breast screening glitch two years ago
- 20:03 Chelsea ace Marcos Alonso outlines which three stars are the most...
- 19:59 Mum who took daughter to doctor for 'virginity test' thought she...
- 19:58 Roger Federer to team up with Novak Djokovic at the Laver Cup
- 19:55 Brexiters hit back at Emmanuel Macron for calling them liars
- 19:55 May in fight to save Chequers Brexit plan after Salzburg ambush
- 19:51 Who is Mitchell Quy? Violent murderer who said 'wait and see' if he...
- 19:51 Liverpool news: FOUR stars raved about by Jamie Carragher after PSG...
- 19:49 This cafés incredible gesture is helping to save a Hull man's life
- 19:48 Donald Trump told hurricane victim with wrecked home ‘At least you...
- 19:48 Woman complains of pain in vagina, finds out there’s a dead...
- 19:47 Royal Marines carried hurt Scots walker down Angus hillside
- 19:45 Aston Villa ace backed by Manchester United star after first goal
- 19:43 BHA gives guarded welcome to Labour plan to ban TV gambling
- 19:42 A second fracking site in Lancashire would be "costly" to county's...
- 19:31 This popular sweet is being axed from boxes of Quality Street
- 19:27 From hairclips to hiking boots: headline news for autumn/winter 2018
- 19:27 Acid days: how tie-dye fashion went mainstream
- 19:27 London fashion week: the inside scoop
- 19:27 Pamela Anderson on never wearing leather again: 'I call myself a...
- 19:25 Evans Cycles seeks new owner amid cash crunch
- 19:23 Teacher ‘turned pre-school playground into violent toddler fight club’
- 19:23 Amazon grows its Echo chamber with a range of new Alexa devices
- 19:22 Live updates as Storm Bronagh hits Sheffield – roads flooded and...
- 19:22 Sheffield health bosses rethink walk-in centre and minor injuries...