Riyad Mahrez to Man City: Pep Guardiola drops hint over £70m deadline day swoop
City are understood to have had a £50m bid for Algerian ace Mahrez rejected by Leicester last night.
The Foxes are demanding upwards of £70m for their left-footed right-winger who has handed in transfer request and is desperate to join the Premier League leaders today.
Boss Guardiola claims his side need more options up top due to the long-term injuries to star duo Leroy Sane and Gabriel Jesus.
And the Spanish chief has hinted at a move for Mahrez as he seeks to bring a better balance to his squad.
Guardiola said: “We don’t have left-footed players in that position or guys to push up like... read more
- 02:36 Sir Rod Stewart auctions furniture in Essex sale
- 02:36 B&Q owner Kingfisher sales rise during warm weather
- 02:36 Walmart shares up 10% on news of online sales lift
- 02:36 Discounts and online help retail sales bounce back in July
- 02:36 Chipotle to retrain staff after series of food poisonings
- 02:36 Half of staff fear workplace monitoring, says TUC
- 02:35 US military parade ordered by Trump postponed 'to 2019'
- 02:20 Sheku Kanneh-Mason: Teen cellist wins new Breakthrough music prize
- 02:14 Comment: Universities can lead cybersecurity innovation
- 02:14 Business leaders sign up to support MCR Pathways
- 02:14 Scotland’s cases of fraud against businesses fall by half
- 02:12 Liberty Stadium operator claims venue has structural defects
- 02:12 Colchester shopkeeper 'told off' over thief poster
- 02:12 New chief urged to tackle police 'misogyny'
- 02:02 Whistleblower warns of Vodafone security breaches
- 01:43 Councillor hopes Northampton swimming pool's future can be resolved
- 01:38 Trump's military parade postponed amid news it could cost $92m
- 01:38 Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Indian prime minister, dies at 93
- 01:38 China is 'rapidly' expanding bomber training, probably for US...
- 01:31 NYU offers free tuition for all its medical students
- 01:27 La Liga secures deal to stage top flight game in USA; Barcelona or...
- 01:25 Melbourne teen pleads guilty to hacking into Apple network
- 01:11 Celebrities warned over social media ads
- 01:11 Marine Le Pen's presence deemed 'disrespectful' at Web Summit
- 01:11 FBI sought Google location data of many to catch robber
- 01:11 President Trump relaxes US cyber-attacks rules
- 01:11 Motorola phone 'brazen copy' of iPhone X
- 01:07 Why blue-green algae can be toxic to pets and humans
- 01:07 Courtney Hadwin: British teen through to America's Got Talent semis
- 01:07 A-level results: Why clearing is 'not the end of the world'