Riyad Mahrez came very close to joining Arsenal in 2016 and bemoans ‘losing two years at the highest level’
Riyad Mahrez believes Leicester City cost him ‘two years at the highest level’ as he was blocked from joining Arsenal in 2016.
The Algerian was one of the stars of the Leicester side that caused a monumental shock to win the Premier League title in 2016.
However, he was keen to leave the Foxes after lifting the trophy, and says he was extremely close to making the switch to the Gunners in the weeks after the remarkable success.
His former employers stopped him making the move to north London and Mahrez is still bitter about having to wait until 2018 to join Manchester City and reach the... read more
- 10:39 Otley 0, Preston Grasshoppers 0: Paul Arnold's men halt bad run in...
- 10:37 Police appeal for witnesses after a robbery
- 10:37 The date has been set for the next Royal Wedding
- 10:34 Sarah’s leap for the ‘Ambucopter’
- 10:34 Young stars shine at awards night in Spilsby
- 10:30 Emmanuel Petit backs Carlo Ancelotti as ‘perfect’ for Arsenal manager
- 10:26 French new wave star Anna Karina dies aged 79
- 10:25 Santa dash raises charity cash
- 10:24 All the incidents that police dealt with last night in Leicester...
- 10:22 Planning permission granted for new home in garden of Bishop’s...
- 10:20 Man shot in Hull street by armed police
- 10:18 Man shot by police in Hull
- 10:16 Santa dash raises charity cash
- 10:15 M4 crash: One dead and one injured in four-vehicle collision
- 10:15 General election 2019: John McDonnell sorry for 'catastrophic'...
- 10:14 Michael Gove promises Brexit trade deal with EU by end of 2020
- 10:12 No happy return for Morecambe boss Derek Adams as Shrimps lose 3-0...
- 10:09 Race against time to launch Europe’s troubled mission to Mars
- 10:09 Man critical after being shot by police in Hessle Road in Hull
- 10:08 Police release update after cemetery closed for two days after...
- 10:07 Strictly champion Kelvin Fletcher in 'complete disbelief' over his win
- 10:06 Get ready for heavy snow as temperatures plummet to -8C
- 10:05 Harecoursing: Three arrested in Horsington area
- 10:02 Firefighters tackle major Glasgow city centre fire
- 09:54 What happens to Melanie Onn after losing the election?
- 09:54 'Please choose option two' - reaction to council's plans for Toll...
- 09:53 Faulty valve leaves thousands without water in Bedfordshire
- 09:53 Nicola Sturgeon: Scotland 'cannot be imprisoned' in UK
- 09:51 Man cut free from car after crash in Standish
- 09:50 No classic but North End get the job done: Preston fan John Smith...