Rip the World War 2 rescue dog in ‘Hall of Heroes’
A SECOND World War rescue dog credited with saving more than 100 lives is among a new "Hall of Heroes" celebrating
heroic figures spanning centuries of history.
Rip the rescue dog, who searched for people buried in the rubble after bombing raids during the Blitz, is just one character included in the new collection aimed at celebrating everyone from unsung underdogs to wartime heroes.
Family history website Findmypast wants people to share their own heroic family figures to help create the Hall of Heroes reflecting figures from throughout history, with the site donating... read more
- 01:27 South Shields care home team win national award for going the extra...
- 01:22 Amy Schumer announces pregnancy on Instagram
- 01:16 Monsanto trial: judge rejects bid to overturn landmark cancer verdict
- 01:16 Guns and guards to be removed from Korean 'truce village' of Panmunjom
- 01:15 Demands for extra cash for ‘ignored’ children
- 01:12 Beaver reintroduction positive example of 'rewilding' says study
- 01:10 Liam Fox says Trump 'very keen' on trade deal
- 01:08 Britain's oldest football referee William "Harry" Hardy funeral
- 01:06 Andrew Vine: Politicians must get out of the gutter and heed the...
- 01:02 Tim Dewey: Budget must deliver three cheers for the great British...
- 01:02 Diana Johnson: Time to remove the stigma from our abortion laws and...
- 01:02 Pret sandwich death: Michael Gove to meet family
- 01:00 World's oldest intact shipwreck discovered in Black Sea
- 00:59 Stephen Hawking's personal items to be sold at auction
- 00:56 Spending plans must not ignore children, government told
- 00:46 Scheme to bring affordable housing to Knaresborough officially...
- 00:41 Man ‘stoned to death’ by monkeys
- 00:34 Highlands and Islands named among top world destinations for 2019
- 00:32 DVDs have had their day as shoppers go skimpy and sustainable
- 00:31 Sexual harassment inquiry finds it's not safe for women and girls...
- 00:29 Bodybuilding brothers face-off
- 00:29 Traffic lights failure caused long delays
- 00:28 Sudoku 4,198 medium
- 00:24 The Yorkshire Post says: The test of time. New alarm over sales...
- 00:24 The Yorkshire Post says: New technology. Yorkshire and skills...
- 00:24 Is blockchain living up to the hype?
- 00:21 Scheme to bring affordable housing to Knaresborough officially...
- 00:20 Why I hate meetings - and how to make them better
- 00:18 MPs call for crackdown over unsolicited sexual images
- 00:18 Children's services are at breaking point, experts say