Richard Leonard: Labour will deliver federal UK and oppose Indyref2
Richard Leonard has been forced into a fresh commitment that Labour will oppose a second Scottish independence referendum after Jeremy Corbyn appeared to open the door to indyref2.
The Scottish Labour leader said the next UK general election manifesto would include a pledge to oppose a second independence referendum, insisting “there is no case” to hold another vote on Scotland’s constitutional future.
In an address to the Labour Party conference in Liverpool today, Mr Leonard will promise a programme of constitutional reform under a Labour government leading to a more powerful Holyrood... read more
- 01:24 Banksy video shows plan to shred entire Girl With Balloon artwork
- 01:22 Scottish economy resilient but orderly Brexit ‘essential’
- 01:22 UK firms face 65,000 cyber attacks a day
- 00:59 Man rushed to hospital after late night shooting in Wavertree
- 00:55 Women Sport Australia calls for more respect for female stars
- 00:54 Man 'beaten to death' in south-west London
- 00:50 £50,000 reward to help catch killer of mutilated prostitute
- 00:48 Cannabis in Canada: How it went down on Legalisation Day
- 00:42 Food allergies: What a severe reaction feels like
- 00:39 Cypriot budget airline Cobalt has suspended operations
- 00:38 Cobalt airline warns passengers that all flights are cancelled
- 00:35 Wembley sale OFF: Shahid Khan reveals why he pulled the plug on...
- 00:35 Man Utd news: Juan Mata speaks out on tough run of games and facing...
- 00:31 HISTORY BEHIND ‘CHEAP AND CHEERFUL’ PUBS
- 00:31 Gregor Townsend surprises with Sam Skinner but sticks with the plan
- 00:30 Two-thirds of rural Scots back onshore wind farms, says Survation poll
- 00:25 COURT ROUND-UP: Latest convictions from Doncaster, Sheffield and...
- 00:25 Highway Code to promote 'Dutch reach' to protect cyclists
- 00:23 John Lewis trials £10,000 experience to lure in shoppers
- 00:23 Firms defy pressure over Saudi conference
- 00:18 Would you splash out on a new phone to get VR on the go?
- 00:17 Man City injury news: Kevin de Bruyne set for Premier League START...
- 00:17 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho handed big Juventus boost with Paolo...
- 00:11 Central African Republic: 'Why a grenade couldn't stop our music'
- 00:11 Venezuelans escape to Spain and ask to return old favour
- 00:10 When's a van a van and when's it a car?
- 00:00 Gerard Pique speaks out on Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Rafael...
- 23:53 Reiss Nelson reveals Jadon Sancho convinced him to join Hoffenheim...
- 23:52 Man falls from top floor of Westfield Stratford on to another shopper
- 23:44 Jayme Closs: Hunt for 13-year-old after parents murdered