Richard Johnson celebrates 3,500th winner in Britain and Ireland at Warwick
CHAMPION jockey Richard Johnson was the man of the moment at Warwick’s new season opener on Tuesday, landing his 3,500th winner in Great Britain and Ireland when steering 8-1 shot He’s A Goer to victory for Herefordshire trainer Tom Lacey, writes David Hucker.
Johnson was runner-up to the now-retired Sir Anthony McCoy for the champion jockey title for 16 consecutive years before taking the championship for the last three seasons.
He still has some way to go to match McCoy’s record of 4,348 wins, but shows no signs of stopping and closed the gap on this season’s title race leader Harry... read more
- 13:56 The 5 people who have been in court in Hull this week
- 13:54 Gary Neville reacts to Jose Mourinho touchline bust-up with Chelsea...
- 13:54 Video shows moment floor collapses injuring at least 30 people at...
- 13:51 Three top award nominations for fashion retailer
- 13:50 Theresa May faces rebellion from Scottish MPs over Brexit extension
- 13:49 The importance of teamwork in sport
- 13:44 Ferry with 56 aboard runs aground after crashing into yachts in...
- 13:43 Beefing up confidence in Adderbury’s eco-friendly meat
- 13:42 Ant McPartlin’s ex Lisa Armstrong faces legal action if she attacks...
- 13:39 Lincolnshire’s most dangerous junctions revealed
- 13:39 Ditching nuclear arms treaty would be 'dangerous step', Russia...
- 13:38 Girl, 6, saves mum’s life by telling teacher ‘my daddy is hurting...
- 13:37 48 pictures of new school starters in east Hull primary schools
- 13:36 Roger Federer targets new record as he seeks return to form in Basel
- 13:36 Shocking picture shows pensioner in hospital after scrambler hit...
- 13:34 Ben & Jerry’s launch four new low-calorie options
- 13:34 Photographing mixed race people has helped me connect to my dual...
- 13:32 FA Cup joy for Solihull Moors as the impressive run continues
- 13:27 Jamal Khashoggi death: Saudis' explanation challenged
- 13:23 Glazers do not intend to sell Manchester United amid reports of...
- 13:23 Catalonia's independence struggle has hit Barcelona's reputation,...
- 13:21 Mum and five kids 'left freezing in home without a window for weeks'
- 13:20 Leeds bowel patient raises awareness
- 13:20 Daisy needs a special home
- 13:14 Edward Moon shines out among the best (review)
- 13:13 Ninestiles school to enforce 'silent corridor' rule
- 13:13 Dominic Raab tells 'jittery' Tories: Hold your nerve
- 13:12 Man City star Bernardo Silva sends warning to Liverpool and Chelsea...
- 13:11 Three people reveal why they like being part of the sugar...
- 13:10 Julie on care award shortlist