Richard Johnson celebrates 3,500th winner in Britain and Ireland at Warwick
CHAMPION jockey Richard Johnson was the man of the moment at Warwick’s new season opener on Tuesday, landing his 3,500th winner in Great Britain and Ireland when steering 8-1 shot He’s A Goer to victory for Herefordshire trainer Tom Lacey, writes David Hucker.
Johnson was runner-up to the now-retired Sir Anthony McCoy for the champion jockey title for 16 consecutive years before taking the championship for the last three seasons.
He still has some way to go to match McCoy’s record of 4,348 wins, but shows no signs of stopping and closed the gap on this season’s title race leader Harry... read more
- 01:36 Australia's trade minister raises concerns about China's coal...
- 01:13 EU referendum registration deadline extended
- 01:09 James DeGale ‘pretty sure’ he will retire after loss Chris Eubank Jr
- 01:04 IN PICTURES: Runners take on endurance challenges along the...
- 00:55 Northampton Saints 27 Bath 26: Tom Vickers' review and player ratings
- 00:53 Church of England urges five days of prayer for poor as Brexit looms
- 00:49 Brexit: What would it mean for UK pensioners living in Europe?
- 00:49 What has really happened since Macpherson's report
- 00:47 New strategy to help deal with dementia issue in Lincolnshire is...
- 00:32 Rory McIlroy shooting for a Mexico stand-off with Dustin Johnson
- 00:32 Chris Eubank Jr beats James DeGale to send Londoner towards retirement
- 00:29 Oscars 2019: How will the ceremony change this year?
- 00:28 Tymoshenko v Tymoshenko: Funny business at the polls
- 00:28 Australian farmers' long road after mass cattle deaths
- 00:28 Gambling addict with brain injury spent £210,000
- 00:28 Supermarkets misleading shoppers on healthy food, say nutritionists
- 00:24 How Preston North End's players rated in their win over Millwall -...
- 00:19 Greece's invisible minority - the Macedonian Slavs
- 00:18 Kim Jong Un boards train to head to summit with Trump in Vietnam
- 00:17 'He lost control' - Craig Hignett reacts to remarkable refereeing...
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:15 Observer sudoku
- 00:11 Scots activewear brand launches jacket made out of coffee grounds
- 00:11 Two injured after major 11-vehicle crash on M8 in central Glasgow
- 00:11 Neil Lennon: The possibility of Celtic winning a treble treble is...
- 00:11 Iain Morrison: French thrilling in full flight but Scots tough...
- 00:07 Review: Ford’s Focus, Edge and Active
- 00:07 Warren Buffett takes swipe at Trump in shareholder letter
- 00:02 Eddie Jones will not rule out title as Warren Gatland chases grand...
- 23:50 Euan McColm: Moral courage of TIG dissidents won’t cut it