Revolution brings no job hopes for Tunisia's women
The revolution in Tunisia was partly fuelled by the massive levels of youth unemployment. Years later the situation isn't any better - especially for the country's women, who are at the back of the queue when it comes to most kinds of work. By 10:30, the air in Le Mabillon cafe, just a couple of kilometres from the centre of the capital, Tunis, is already thick with cigarette smoke and chatter.
Most of its customers are in their 20s. And while some are students from nearby colleges - sipping dark, strong coffee as they tap at laptops - most have no class - or job - to go to.
For Asma... read more
- 15:54 Prostate cancer: radiotherapy could extend thousands of lives,...
- 15:53 Smoke billows from Newton Abbot warehouse blaze
- 15:52 Launch party for game play
- 15:51 How many different names do you have for your dog?
- 15:50 Roadworks round-up: Where drivers could face delays around South...
- 15:50 Edinburgh’s belief takes them to one of their biggest Heineken wins
- 15:49 Man arrested after Leroy Ottey shooting released by police
- 15:48 ‘Use 999 responsibly’ plea after staff receive call from someone...
- 15:44 Amputee sex offender sent photo of his penis to 70-year-old woman
- 15:44 Newlyweds pose for romantic photo outside cannabis den
- 15:42 Party meeting and Mexico proposal leads to marriage
- 15:41 Roadworks round-up: Where drivers might face hold-ups around...
- 15:40 Review: Enda Mullen road tests the new Lexus NX300h Premier
- 15:38 2 people trapped after car collides with minibus outside Braunstone...
- 15:35 Ealing Trailfinders 60-25 Coventry Rugby: Pete Lydon scores 20...
- 15:35 How to keep your make-up on all day
- 15:33 Police officers and paramedic attacked after being called to...
- 15:33 Taiwan train derailment kills 18 and injures at least 160 others
- 15:33 Jose Mourinho: The Man Utd manager's own moments of madness after...
- 15:33 Everton vs Crystal Palace LIVE: Team news and updates ahead of...
- 15:32 How to keep your make-up on all day
- 15:32 Sheffield rock climber speaks out against fracking
- 15:32 UPDATE: Woman arrested over suspected arson attack at Sheffield...
- 15:30 How to keep your make-up on all day
- 15:28 Sam Cook's murder should have changed everything - so why is...
- 15:28 Man beaten up in north Liverpool bookies
- 15:28 Hundreds of waiters try not to spill any drinks in street race
- 15:27 Commissioners row over police split
- 15:27 How to keep your make-up on all day
- 15:25 Ho, ho, go - join the seafront Santa Dash