Revealed: The worst areas in Coventry for fly-tipping
Three wards in Coventry have been named and shamed as accounting for almost half of the city's fly-tipping offences.
Fly-tipping has increased in the city over the last 12 months from 3,342 incidents in 2016/17 to 4,704 in 2017/18.
St Michael's, Foleshill and Upper Stoke are the worst offending wards, with the areas proving a "challenge" for officers.
Speaking at the Communities and Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Board on September 19, Craig Hickin, head of environmental services, said: "Fly-tipping doesn't affect the whole city proportionally.
"It is suffered in three wards in... read more
- 10:13 Former Thames Valley Police worker invited offenders to watch him...
- 10:12 Treasured Wetherby store to close ending four generations
- 10:12 Vandals wreck precious Stray bench
- 10:12 Top scare attractions in Lancashire 2018
- 10:11 Residents asked to 'be a nosey neighbour' in fly-tipping battle
- 10:11 How can you book a seat on Sir Patrick Stewart's Brexit protest coach?
- 10:11 Girl, 7, hurt in collision with motorbike in Scarborough
- 10:09 Melton hero military dogs turn their paws to modelling ahead of...
- 10:09 Liverpool woman kidnapped and raped in Australian outback ordeal...
- 10:08 Sheffield schoolgirl raises money to support terminally ill patients
- 10:08 Getting children ready for school equals an extra working day per...
- 10:08 Driver attacked traffic warden
- 10:08 Spa Striders out in force at Green Leek
- 10:08 Victory for couple who were told to remove flower bed because it...
- 10:08 Meghan Markle is gifted a bouquet of carrots – but why the...
- 10:08 Eleven worms pulled out of baby’s eyeball after they were caught...
- 10:07 Eddie Howe provides Ryan Fraser injury update ahead of Bournemouth...
- 10:07 Eden Hazard rates Maurizio Sarri’s major Chelsea signings
- 10:06 A look inside the centre treating the borough's cancer patients
- 10:05 Language used in police email on deployment of female officers...
- 10:05 Pub grub served up at Leicester pub in 1972 gives food for thought!
- 10:05 SIX changes for Hartlepool United boss Matthew Bates to consider...
- 10:05 Preston Grasshoppers must end dismal record at Leicester
- 10:05 Rugby man sentenced after assaulting police officer in town
- 10:02 How can you book a seat on Sir Patrick Stewart's Brexit protest coach?
- 10:02 Vandals wreck precious Stray bench
- 10:02 Police smash down door of house where woman let 20-strong gang of...
- 10:01 Top scare attractions in Lancashire 2018
- 10:01 Driver attacked traffic warden
- 10:01 Wakefield woman missing from hospital has been found