Revealed: Derbyshire schools spent more than £6million on supply teachers last year
More than £6million was spent on supply teachers in Derbyshire schools in the last academic year, we can reveal.
A Freedom of Information request to Derbyshire County Council found that a total of £6,091,833.61 went on supply and agency staff from September 2017 to August 2018.
The statistics show that £3,956,998.95 was spent by primary schools, £1,337,771.87 by secondary schools, £786,594.43 by special schools and £10,468.36 by nurseries.
Education chiefs at County Hall said the figure is down by £1.7m (21.7 per cent) from the previous academic year.
“Our job is to help Derbyshire children... read more
- 16:02 Man Utd news: ‘Extraordinary star not getting luck he deserves’...
- 16:01 Lord Herman Ouseley to stand down as chairman of football’s Kick It...
- 15:59 Sunderland AFC legends Kevin Ball and Gary Bennett join mourners to...
- 15:58 Relatives remember Grimsby's lost fishermen at poignant service
- 15:58 CCTV of man released after theft on bus from Skegness to Boston
- 15:58 Father Christmas would take 693 years to deliver his presents by car
- 15:57 Drug addict burgled Nuneaton home to feed habit
- 15:56 Family has new hope for Lucy's future
- 15:56 East Antarctica glacial stronghold melting amid climate change
- 15:56 Two more held in Blackpool Vic poisoning probe - as post-mortems...
- 15:56 Police issue statement on manhunt for thug who jumped on homeless...
- 15:53 Clitheroe nursery staff organise spinathon for the poor
- 15:53 Shoppers enjoying festive fun at Hardshaw Centre
- 15:52 Tottenham Champions League permutations: What must happen with...
- 15:52 Here are the festive events taking place in Calder Valley this...
- 15:52 Netflix prices are on the increase - find out how it could affect you
- 15:52 Dramatic pictures show £45k Porsche embedded in Countesthorpe house
- 15:52 How to help homeless people this winter
- 15:51 How to spot Santa TONIGHT - when the ISS goes past
- 15:51 Ronnie Pickering in Hull court for 'defending Bransholme from...
- 15:50 Ten facing court after Blackpool Class A drugs raids
- 15:49 Schizophrenic man who attacked cancer patient was denied...
- 15:48 Schizophrenic man who attacked cancer patient was denied...
- 15:48 Leeds rough sleeper battled with drugs before dying of heart...
- 15:47 Solo rower Shirley Thompson rescued after boat takes in water
- 15:46 Millionaire admits manslaughter following 'rough sex' death
- 15:46 Wigan estate gets winter clean up thanks to activist
- 15:45 Police investigating thefts want to speak to Paul Aston and Emma Kelly
- 15:45 Ex-Aston Villa and West Brom bosses on three-man shortlist after...
- 15:45 Call for huge Birmingham city centre revamp to be scrapped