Revealed: Derbyshire schools spent more than £6million on supply teachers last year
More than £6million was spent on supply teachers in Derbyshire schools in the last academic year, we can reveal.
A Freedom of Information request to Derbyshire County Council found that a total of £6,091,833.61 went on supply and agency staff from September 2017 to August 2018.
The statistics show that £3,956,998.95 was spent by primary schools, £1,337,771.87 by secondary schools, £786,594.43 by special schools and £10,468.36 by nurseries.
Education chiefs at County Hall said the figure is down by £1.7m (21.7 per cent) from the previous academic year.
“Our job is to help Derbyshire children... read more
- 13:32 FA Cup joy for Solihull Moors as the impressive run continues
- 13:27 Jamal Khashoggi death: Saudis' explanation challenged
- 13:23 Glazers do not intend to sell Manchester United amid reports of...
- 13:23 Catalonia's independence struggle has hit Barcelona's reputation,...
- 13:21 Mum and five kids 'left freezing in home without a window for weeks'
- 13:20 Leeds bowel patient raises awareness
- 13:20 Daisy needs a special home
- 13:14 Edward Moon shines out among the best (review)
- 13:13 Ninestiles school to enforce 'silent corridor' rule
- 13:13 Dominic Raab tells 'jittery' Tories: Hold your nerve
- 13:12 Man City star Bernardo Silva sends warning to Liverpool and Chelsea...
- 13:11 Three people reveal why they like being part of the sugar...
- 13:10 Julie on care award shortlist
- 13:10 MND suffer Jason Liversidge's triple world record attempt
- 13:08 Wirral's best schools for GCSE results revealed
- 13:07 Landmark Jewish cafe Gaby's Deli in London to close
- 13:01 A sheep in wolf’s clothing? The other side of Henry VIII
- 13:01 Heartbroken man reveals how Universal Credit chaos forced wife into...
- 13:00 Police issue CCTV appeal after man stabbed in Coventry
- 12:53 Mum’s disgust after finding maggots in Aldi shop
- 12:53 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following attack in...
- 12:53 Man filmed hurling racist abuse at woman sat near him on plane
- 12:53 Plan for two new tower blocks in Leeds city centre
- 12:50 Man hits out at British Airways after sitting in urine-soaked...
- 12:50 Thug broke takeaway worker’s jaw for taking ‘too long’ to get his...
- 12:50 Actor Selma Blair reveals that she has multiple sclerosis
- 12:50 Anxiety hotline for dogs launches for Bonfire Night
- 12:50 Dads can pass trauma, lifestyle and diet to their children through...
- 12:50 The importance of teamwork in sport
- 12:48 Flat fire at South Shore