Restaurants, rents push euro zone inflation up in September
Higher prices in restaurants and cafes as well as rents and cigarette prices pushed up euro zone inflation in September, data showed on Monday, offsetting the downward pull on the index from cheap fuel and gas prices.
The European Union's statistics office Eurostat confirmed that consumer prices in the 19 countries using the euro rose 0.4 percent month-on-month for a 0.4 percent year-on-year gain, as expected by markets and in line with initial Eurostat estimates.
The statistics agency said price rises in restaurants and cafes added 0.08 points to the overall annual result and more... read more
- 13:12 Fire crews criticise deliberate fires started in Kenilworth
- 13:11 Teenage girl 'slashed in face' after rushing to help friend under...
- 13:11 Morrisons is rewarding customers who use Tupperware to take home...
- 13:10 Permit Patty: Woman 'calls police' on eight-year-old for selling water
- 13:08 UK epilepsy drug set to be first cannabis-based medicine on US market
- 13:08 Burton as hot as the Sahara as heatwave officially arrives
- 13:08 Cancer patients face 'absurd' travel insurance costs
- 13:05 Construction of new council houses begins in Doncaster
- 13:04 Turkey election: Erdogan win ushers in new presidential era
- 13:03 Appeal after vandal hurls bright orange paint over car in Leeds
- 13:03 Baby covered in red birthmarks after surviving a stroke when he...
- 13:02 Pub and shop 'in lockdown' after man seen brandishing a knife in...
- 13:01 Manchester United line up transfer move for want-away Real Madrid...
- 13:01 Busy Melton town centre road to close for up to three weeks
- 12:59 Travel: Balbirnie House Hotel, Markinch, Fife
- 12:58 Former Sheffield man jailed for historic sex offences against girl
- 12:58 Dua Lipa puts on a leggy display in thigh-high cowboy boots and...
- 12:58 Maya Jama EXCLUSIVE: TV host flashes her abs in bold and bright...
- 12:58 Jacqueline Jossa 'gives birth to second daughter with estranged...
- 12:58 Susie Cave shares touching tribute to son Earl on his milestone...
- 12:58 Holly Willoughby can't control her giggles as Phillip Schofield...
- 12:57 Manhunt after 'woman punched in face' in Bispham
- 12:57 REVIEW: Peppa Pig's Adventure, Grand Theatre, Blackpool
- 12:57 Denmark’s new generation cook up 2002-style shock wave for France
- 12:57 Lewis Hamilton defends Sebastian Vettel over ‘lives on the line’...
- 12:57 Ubisoft games are political, says CEO - just not the way you think
- 12:57 Vinnie Paul: the Pantera drummer whose mission was to have a...
- 12:57 Owner’s fury after thug shoots pet cat
- 12:56 Muharrem İnce concedes defeat to Erdoğan in Turkey elections
- 12:56 Ex-Nato chief refused visa waiver to US because of Iran trips