Religious order to stand trial over horrific abuse
Evidence of historic sexual abuse at a Mirfield religious school will be considered in court for the first time later this year.
Numerous allegations of horrific abuse by priests and teachers at St Peter’s seminary in Roe Head, Far Common Road, during the 1960s and 1970s have been made in recent years.
However, despite £120,000 in compensation payouts, the cases have not reached court and there has been no apology or finding of guilt.
But a case will finally be tried in November this year, after former pupil Peter Murray, 57, launched his bid for a substantial damages payout.
The... read more
- 17:16 Worksop residents are getting ready for this year’s Christmas...
- 17:15 The woman who made it her mission to attend a council meeting
- 17:13 Ray of light for Rothbury community over closed inpatient beds
- 17:13 Santa's grotto to launch at St George's Shopping Centre in Preston
- 17:13 Band who travelled 400 miles to play to just four people at...
- 17:12 Sark's electricity provider threatens to cut power to island
- 17:12 Leeds United: Food for thought for Bielsa during international break
- 17:12 Sam Curran sensed Sri Lanka ‘panic’ during England rescue act
- 17:10 Two vehicle smash causes rush hour delays on A1(M)
- 17:10 Ominous Australia relocate mojo at Women's World T20
- 17:10 Man Utd news: Key star SLAMMED - ‘He deserves more criticism than...
- 17:10 F1 finally admits concern over woman jailed for Bahrain Grand Prix...
- 17:09 Glasgow Christmas Lights 2018: When will they be switched on and...
- 17:09 Secrets of early Aberdonians to be revealed by city skeletons
- 17:09 89 year-old scholar who fled Nazis killed by shove from...
- 17:09 Kind-hearted volunteers rally round to help the homeless in Ilkeston
- 17:08 Santa's grotto to launch at St George's Shopping Centre in Preston
- 17:07 Buckingham holds moving Remembrance Day events
- 17:06 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 17:04 BINNED: Kingdom litter squad are KICKED OUT of Liverpool for good
- 17:04 Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli being deported
- 17:03 Attempted child abductions: Police speaking to three men
- 17:03 STRICTLY IN BLACKPOOL: Iconic show heads to the Pleasure Beach
- 17:02 Men ‘doused supermarket in petrol before setting it alight in...
- 17:02 WhatsApp’s next update could change the way you ask people out on...
- 17:02 Lisa takes Nepal cycle challenge
- 17:01 Man Utd news: Gary Neville slams £50m signing: ‘Does he change a...
- 17:01 Skegness butchers are a ‘cut above’ the rest after winning UK...
- 16:58 How to flip a coin if you don't have a coin
- 16:56 Liverpool news: Virgil van Dijk makes transfer promise amid...