Regular train travellers to receive compensation
More Wigan rail passengers who suffered disruption during a shambolic summer on the trains will be able to claim compensation
Transport for the North (TfN) and operator Northern have brokered a scheme to enable regular travellers to be recompensed for being inconvenienced as well as season-ticket holders.
Other news: Wigan MP: Labour should consider joint leadership
The website will be open to accept claims from early in October and passengers will be able to submit evidence of disruption for eight weeks.
The scheme, the first of its kind in the UK, is part of the overall compensation... read more
- 09:57 Sunderland housing firm recognised for putting customers and...
- 09:57 Talent is all in the jeans with Sunderland fashion students’ denim...
- 09:57 Preston school launches own currency
- 09:56 Dog owners in the borough get the green light for Crufts
- 09:56 Wakefield facing 'bumpy' future in tackling job losses to robots
- 09:55 Wakefield facing 'bumpy' future in tackling job losses to robots
- 09:55 This is why you might see smoke pouring from a derelict Halifax...
- 09:55 Funding reduced to treat alcoholics and drug abusers in Notts as...
- 09:53 Roger Waters condemns Richard Branson's Venezuela aid concert
- 09:53 Laura Ashley profit warning as sales slump
- 09:53 Shamima Begum 'a bit shocked' that UK has revoked citizenship
- 09:52 Councillors host Pocela surgery
- 09:52 The Life at Westminster column with Sir Greg Knight MP
- 09:52 ‘Hugely patronising’ - Sunderland MP slams Apprentice star Lord...
- 09:51 ‘Right to buy’ council houses sales rising in Northampton
- 09:50 Thousands of missed GP appointments cost NHS millions
- 09:49 Lynx makes ASMR tutorials to show you how to shave your balls
- 09:48 Commuters' frustrated time on Harrogate rail line
- 09:48 The revealing West Brom interview that will strike fear into...
- 09:48 Jarrell Miller laughs off Tyson Fury claim that he was knocked down...
- 09:48 New YouGov poll reveals impact Brexit will have on businesses...
- 09:48 It’s still not safe for footballers to come out, but we’re...
- 09:47 This is why you might see smoke pouring from a derelict Halifax...
- 09:47 Man has ear slashed in attack outside Iceland in Holderness Road
- 09:46 Selston mum, 17, grieves for loss of her five-week-old daughter
- 09:46 Popping up for one week only in Castle Quay
- 09:46 Funding reduced to treat alcoholics and drug abusers in Notts as...
- 09:46 Sheffield veterinary practice to star in TV show The Pets Factor
- 09:45 Isis bride complains of ‘unjust’ treatment that she’s been stripped...
- 09:43 Teens charged after man stabbed near The Mailbox