Record numbers switching electricity supplier
More than 660,000 customers switched their electricity supplier in February - the highest number yet - according to industry figures.
Energy UK said the figure represented a 60% rise on February 2017, and that over a million customers had switched so far this year.
It said one reason may have been the cold weather during the month.
The most recent figures from regulator Ofgem show high numbers of households also switching their gas supplier.
Last year, 4.1 million domestic customers chose a new gas provider, the highest since 2008.
Gas bills are usually higher than electricity bills, so... read more
- 19:59 Mum who took daughter to doctor for 'virginity test' thought she...
- 19:58 Roger Federer to team up with Novak Djokovic at the Laver Cup
- 19:55 Brexiters hit back at Emmanuel Macron for calling them liars
- 19:55 May in fight to save Chequers Brexit plan after Salzburg ambush
- 19:51 Who is Mitchell Quy? Violent murderer who said 'wait and see' if he...
- 19:51 Liverpool news: FOUR stars raved about by Jamie Carragher after PSG...
- 19:49 This cafés incredible gesture is helping to save a Hull man's life
- 19:48 Donald Trump told hurricane victim with wrecked home ‘At least you...
- 19:48 Woman complains of pain in vagina, finds out there’s a dead...
- 19:47 Royal Marines carried hurt Scots walker down Angus hillside
- 19:45 Aston Villa ace backed by Manchester United star after first goal
- 19:43 BHA gives guarded welcome to Labour plan to ban TV gambling
- 19:42 A second fracking site in Lancashire would be "costly" to county's...
- 19:31 This popular sweet is being axed from boxes of Quality Street
- 19:27 From hairclips to hiking boots: headline news for autumn/winter 2018
- 19:27 Acid days: how tie-dye fashion went mainstream
- 19:27 London fashion week: the inside scoop
- 19:27 Pamela Anderson on never wearing leather again: 'I call myself a...
- 19:25 Evans Cycles seeks new owner amid cash crunch
- 19:23 Teacher ‘turned pre-school playground into violent toddler fight club’
- 19:23 Amazon grows its Echo chamber with a range of new Alexa devices
- 19:22 Live updates as Storm Bronagh hits Sheffield – roads flooded and...
- 19:22 Sheffield health bosses rethink walk-in centre and minor injuries...
- 19:20 Labour plans to ban in-play betting during live sport
- 19:18 Liverpool news: Shock player named as fastest man on pitch during...
- 19:17 Cops allow nudist to garden in the buff as long as he doesn’t...
- 19:16 Labour 'could win 1.5m more votes' by backing Brexit referendum
- 19:15 Preston North End’s Josh Earl is in new territory
- 19:13 Proposed national integrity commission could extend to lobbying,...
- 19:13 Macron puts the boot in after May's Brexit breakfast blunder