Rebel Wilson wins $4.56m damages from Bauer in record libel settlement
The Australian actor Rebel Wilson has been awarded more than $4.5m in damages, plus interest and court costs, in her libel case against Bauer Media.
Wilson said the decision brought to an end a “long and hard court battle” and that she would not be keeping any of the money, which was the largest defamation payout in Australian legal history.
In June a six-person jury found in favour of Wilson’s claim against the publisher of Woman’s Day and the Australian Women’s Weekly.
The jury had been asked to consider 40 questions and eight claims of defamation relating to a series of articles accusing... read more
- 05:28 University of Birmingham launches new digital apprenticeship degree
- 05:28 Wolves send Jose Mourinho and Manchester United a message as Ruben...
- 05:28 West Brom boss Darren Moore gives Bakary Sako update - and talks...
- 05:28 Garry Monk gives Leeds United response as surprising Birmingham...
- 05:28 Aston Villa to take this Jack Grealish step as Steve Bruce responds...
- 05:28 Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift at sea in fishing hut
- 05:18 The true cost of our litter crisis: millions that could be spent...
- 05:18 This is the reality of life on Liverpool's most burgled street
- 05:15 China starts to assert its world view at UN as influence grows
- 05:15 New US tariffs on China take effect with no compromise in sight
- 05:06 An ageless tale of Coldstream’s braw trees
- 05:03 Victoria's Catholic education head appears to claim credit for...
- 05:03 Family of James Ricketson 'hesitant' about film-maker returning to...
- 05:02 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 04:44 Hong Kong bans pro-independence party as China tightens grip
- 04:38 Work starts on £1m media centre at Champions (UK) Plc as turnover...
- 04:20 Care job vacancies in England rise to 110,000
- 04:20 Compensation for delay-hit Northern passengers extended
- 04:17 'Modicare': India's PM promises free health care for poorest citizens
- 04:13 Esports degree: 'I won't spend three years playing games'
- 04:13 The UK's most ambitious children
- 04:13 Comment: Phoenix lands in Edinburgh
- 04:07 Child mental health: Camhs 'not fit for purpose'
- 04:07 Buckingham Palace: Man released over 'Taser' keyring error
- 04:07 Contaminated blood scandal: Inquiry 'must uncover truth'
- 03:48 US-China trade: US set to impose biggest round of tariffs yet
- 03:31 Comment: Building bridges between Scotland and Ireland
- 03:31 Comment: Scouts are always prepared for business success
- 03:24 Melbourne plane crash: Pilot error in fatal shopping centre incident
- 03:24 Brett Kavanaugh: Second allegation made against court nominee