RBS ‘turning its back on taxpayers’ with closures
ROYAL Bank of Scotland bosses are "turning their back" on taxpayers who bailed out the institution during the banking collapse by pressing ahead with controversial branch closures, an MSP has claimed.
Labour and SNP MSPs united to attack the bank’s latest decision to close branches in parts of Scotland during a Holyrood debate on the issue yesterday.
The bank, which is 81 per cent owned by taxpayers, is shutting 14 of its 300 branches in Scotland this year. SNP MSP John Mason, who forced yesterday’s Holyrood debate, warned that the closures would harm customers in deprived areas... read more
- 00:44 'I didn't worry about getting HIV'
- 00:44 Prize crossword 27,669
- 00:44 Killer sudoku 632
- 00:42 David Behrens: We’re paying rail company more to add insult to...
- 00:39 Aldyr Schlee, designer of Brazil's famous yellow jersey, dies
- 00:30 Turnbull says climate change has become a 'third rail' for Liberal...
- 00:30 CIA determines Saudi crown prince ordered journalist's killing –...
- 00:28 Awards reveal some of Hull's most talented young entrepreneurs
- 00:27 Co-op own-brand champagne better than Moët, says Which?
- 00:27 Patisserie Valerie chair hires former SFO investigator as his lawyer
- 00:22 Welcome sight: Why some Jamaicans want the army to stay
- 00:17 University students hit by wave of fake tax refund emails
- 00:14 Sabarimala: Why has a Hindu temple divided India's women?
- 00:11 Vienna nest of spies: Why Austria is still centre for espionage
- 00:11 Students targeted in 'biggest-ever' phishing scam
- 00:07 French fuel protests against Macron over rising prices
- 00:00 Nottingham Rock City evacuated after 'flare set off'
- 23:53 No threat seen as Rugby Australia gives blessing to rival competition
- 23:48 Ariana Grande debuts short hair - and fans go wild
- 23:38 Who should you vote for in the Victorian election?
- 23:33 Cuba pulls doctors out of Brazil amid row
- 23:33 Chelsea set to win race for Borussia Dortmund’s £70m-rated star...
- 23:33 Djokovic offers solution to Federer and Zverev debate on ATP calendar
- 23:33 Emma Bunton relaunches solo career despite Spice Girls reunion
- 23:26 Moment drunk driver deliberately crashes into crowd of people...
- 23:26 Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams to challenge governor poll loss
- 23:23 ‘I wasn’t rusted to either side’: Ricky Muir makes another tilt at...
- 23:15 Trump 'personally answers Mueller Russia questions'
- 23:11 How long can gin stay in high spirits?
- 23:11 Turkey who became mayor of town is wanted by police for...