Rangers boss Graeme Murty surprised SFA didn't consider Walter Smith for the vacant Scotland job earlier
Graeme Murty insists he is surprised the SFA have taken so long to consider Walter Smith for the vacant Scotland job.
The former Rangers and Scotland manager is thought to be one of up to eight names under consideration by the board of the governing body.
Smith, who turns 70 this month, has been out of football since leaving Rangers in 2011.
While he’s steadfastly refused to contemplate a return to club football, it’s thought he’s open to discussing a return to the game as national team manager.
And Murty, who played under Smith for Scotland, believes the Ibrox icon would be the perfect fit... read more
- 07:05 Your tattoos don’t have to have a deeper meaning and that doesn’t...
- 07:05 Usain Bolt may play football trial in Australia
- 07:05 Theresa May loses another minister as Tory civil war over Brexit...
- 07:05 West Ham transfer news: Craig Bellamy reveals why Jack Wilshere...
- 07:05 Action is needed now to tackle drugged out ‘zombies’ in our town...
- 07:05 No better time for Corbyn
- 06:55 Tuesday’s best TV: The Five Billion Pound Super Sewer; Random Acts
- 06:55 Tuesday briefing: 'Treasonous' Trump kowtows to Putin
- 06:55 'Putin's poodle': newspapers declare Trump a traitor after Helsinki...
- 06:55 'Always go slightly too far': what makes ambush TV work?
- 06:31 How we made: Roni Size on the Mercury-winning album New Forms
- 06:12 Nauru asylum seeker's body flown to Brisbane after emotional standoff
- 06:12 State of emergency proclaimed over dock strike - archive, 1970
- 06:57 Frozen sweetcorn from Lidl now being recalled amid listeria outbreak
- 06:11 Top cancer genetics professor quits job over bullying allegations
- 06:11 Genetically modified babies given go ahead by UK ethics body
- 06:08 Helena Morrissey: ‘We have nine children. I plan every day on a...
- 04:36 Peter Capaldi writes to reassure young fan about Doctor Who...
- 04:36 Ex-wife of former One Nation adviser calls for rape survivors to be...
- 04:36 New Caledonia referendum: call to reject 'colonising power' France
- 04:36 'No collusion': Trump and Putin deny election meddling in TV...
- 04:35 Tech shares keep sinking amid concerns sector is slowing
- 04:01 Australian media are in decline. The Fourth Estate reminds us why...
- 04:01 Turnbull says there is ‘real concern about Sudanese gangs’ in...
- 04:01 Putin rejects UK's 'ungrounded accusations' over novichok poisoning
- 00:57 Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker hopes role will inspire young girls
- 00:54 Over 2 million Britons risk dying early from multiple illnesses
- 00:54 NHS rationing putting hernia patients' lives at risk, say surgeons
- 00:54 UK police force failed to record 10,000 crimes, watchdog says
- 00:54 Lava 'bomb' crashes through roof of boat in Hawaii, injuring tourists