Rail unions step up calls for renationalisation as figures reveal ScotRail’s failures
FEWER than half of ScotRail trains arrive on time across a third of Scotland’s stations, latest figures showed yesterday leading to calls for renationalisation.
According to data from ScotRail, covering the period April 30 to May 27, less than 50 per cent of services were on time at 22 stations across Scotland.
RMT Scotland organiser Mick Hogg accused ScotRail of “failing to deliver not only safe railway but a railway which is run to benefit people.”
He said RMT was calling for the renationalisation of the railways “because it makes logical and financial sense.”
Scottish Labour transport... read more
- 18:29 Ex-Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner to serve 50-day prison sentence...
- 18:27 Wellesbourne to become a world centre for driverless cars
- 18:27 UK universities urged to review ties with UAE over jailing of academic
- 18:26 Power cut affects Sheffield retail park
- 18:26 Council to spend £325,000 on organisation aiming to bridge skills...
- 18:26 Universal Credit in Doncaster: Warning over potential £24 million...
- 18:25 Scots druid and witch pals in court after trespassing at Stonehenge
- 18:25 Apple supplier to slash expenses amid concern over iPhone sales
- 18:24 Sugary supplement mannose could help fight cancer
- 18:24 Chicago doctor killed by ex-fiance called police to report she...
- 18:24 Lockerbie: police find no criminality in way inquiry was handled
- 18:22 The man who mapped the Munros - before Hugh Munro
- 18:22 Two men killed while assisting driver of overturned car on A20
- 18:21 First ever plane with no moving parts takes flight
- 18:19 Devin Lima: Singer with US boy band LFO dies at 41
- 18:19 Poland reverses law on removing judges following EU court ruling
- 18:18 Where to bag a bargain in Leeds for Black Friday
- 18:15 Mum speaks of 'unreal' moment she gave birth on bathroom floor
- 18:15 The worrying reason benefits staff in Hull are getting special...
- 18:15 Tabitha (8) raises £400 for charity for fellow premature babies
- 18:14 ISRAEL TRIP: Bury's special Israeli connection
- 18:14 ISRAEL TRIP: Exploring the heart of the historic Levant
- 18:13 Why doesn't Michelle Obama's memoir have an index? Blame Trump
- 18:13 Lost portrait of Charles Dickens turns up at auction in South Africa
- 18:13 Qatar would help Middle East peace by sharing 2022 World Cup, says...
- 18:12 Councillors call on MP Victoria Atkins to help stop the garden...
- 18:09 MPs told off for playing football in the House of Commons
- 18:09 Elderly pedestrian rushed to hospital after Roseville Road Leeds...
- 18:08 Cleckheaton’s away day hoodoo continues with defeat at Driffield
- 18:05 Leamington shop given golden lottery playstation after selling...