Rail firm looking to recruit 78 people for £57,000 a year train driver roles
0 Have your say Virgin Trains East Coast needs nearly 80 more drivers to man its state-of-the-art new rolling stock.
Potential applicants must live within an hour of Doncaster - one of five main crew bases - or be willing to relocate in the firm’s first driver recruitment for 30 years.
The long-distance franchise, which runs services between London and Scotland via South Yorkshire on East Coast Main Line, is set to boost its roster once Azuma trains arrive in 2018.
The 78 new drivers will earn £57,000 once qualified.
The influx will increase VTEC’s driver numbers - currently 346 - by a... read more
- 06:17 England’s cathedrals hark back to the middle ages to pull in crowds
- 06:15 Tribute paid to 50 years of volunteering
- 06:12 Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid: Chelsea stopper backed to make...
- 06:11 Obesity epidemic demands more action and investment to protect...
- 06:11 Supermarkets targeted in the battle against obesity
- 06:08 Hull and Humber's 25 biggest businesses revealed
- 06:08 Inside the secret swinging club right in the middle of Hull
- 06:07 'Pirates' of all ages enjoy treasure hunt at Heathland Village in...
- 06:07 You can now go champing - it's like glamping but you bed down in a...
- 06:07 Festival aims to go ‘truly global’ in time for 75th birthday
- 06:07 Revealed: The Sex offenders, drug dealers and violent criminals...
- 06:02 Man Utd transfer news: Anthony Martial price laughable, but he...
- 05:57 The top 11 greatest Grimsby Facebook moments
- 05:57 Clowning around at annual show
- 05:51 Sergej Milinkovic-Savic: Why Man Utd and Man City WON'T sign star...
- 05:40 World Cup 2018: Germany boss Joachim Low reacts to Toni Kroos’...
- 05:38 Cannabis crisis: Police seizing almost £500,000-worth of drugs a week
- 05:38 The sunshine summer destination where hotels are cheaper during the...
- 05:38 Aston Villa's summer plans are taking shape - but answers are still...
- 05:34 Anger as the Coconut Grove planning 'saga' rumbles on
- 05:34 Shocking figures show ONE IN FIVE hospital staff attacked in...
- 05:34 Businessman's BOLD plan to tackle aggressive begging in Mathew Street
- 05:33 Nominations for Notts police officer of the year now open
- 05:33 The notorious Hull killers who killed themselves
- 05:32 World Cup boost for Greene King
- 05:27 What impact has Donald Trump had on illegal immigration?
- 05:27 How many words do you need to speak a language?
- 05:27 Kenya's 'contaminated sugar' row: What we know
- 05:27 Europe migrants: Can the EU reach a new deal?
- 05:19 Councillor explains why department looking after Leicestershire's...