Rail fares must be simpler if HS2 is to fulfil its potential, says firm’s outgoing chairman David Higgins
Fares on the nation’s railways must become simpler and easier for passengers to understand if the full potential of HS2 is to be realised, according to the outgoing head of the company behind the high speed rail project.
Sir David Higgins, who today releases his final report as chairman of HS2 Ltd, says Yorkshire is already feeling the benefits of the 350-mile high speed track connecting London with Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham despite it not arriving in the region until 2033.
He says there are already 90 Yorkshire firms who have delivered work on the project, with a further 277 talking... read more
- 18:04 Inmate at Doncaster prison given more time behind bars for...
- 18:02 Airdrie plant hire business ramps up eco credentials
- 18:02 Inmate at Doncaster prison given more time behind bars for...
- 18:02 Search for man who knocked woman's teeth out in Scarborough
- 18:01 Football fans' Babestation surprise at Bristol Rovers match
- 17:59 Myanmar Rohingya: Facebook 'still hosts hate speech'
- 17:57 Expectation level rises for impressive starting Leeds United
- 17:56 Average-sized parents stunned as 3 of their 4 kids have rare dwarfism
- 17:56 Everything you need to know about UTIs
- 17:56 Scientists hope sticking brain cells together could boost memory
- 17:55 New image shows how redesigned Fosse Park food court in Leicester...
- 17:55 This is what Garry Monk thought of Lee Camp and Gary Gardner's...
- 17:54 RBS comes bottom of bank league tables
- 17:54 Leeds hospitals make £260k from vending machines
- 17:54 Floodlight fire sees game abandoned
- 17:54 A Tale of Two Yorkshires: Crucial challenge ahead for Bradford, the...
- 17:53 Teacher ‘caught lying naked in bed with 17-year-old’ by another pupil
- 17:52 Love Island winners Jack Fincham and Dani Dyer coming to Edinburgh...
- 17:52 Putin to be surprise guest at Austria minister's wedding
- 17:51 Leeds hospitals make £260k from vending machines
- 17:51 A Tale of Two Yorkshires: Crucial challenge ahead for Bradford, the...
- 17:51 "We've got nothing to fear" - Manager's rousing message after...
- 17:51 Liverpool transfer news: Marko Grujic bid rejected due to permanent...
- 17:51 Returning Ben Gulliver ready to engage Coventry with community
- 17:50 The Tourism Times column with Tim Norman
- 17:49 Plans for car park at Glenfinnan Viaduct Harry Potter hotspot
- 17:49 Sheffield terror suspect 'close' to Manchester Arena bomber
- 17:47 Police release CCTV image following Kenilworth car break in
- 17:47 Staff shocked after Formula 1 driver's suit donated to Kenilworth...
- 17:47 Give North control of its destiny to go with rising rail fares,...