Rafael Nadal: Spanish star CRIED for two hours after Mexican Open injury blow
Nadal was scheduled to play his first match on Wednesday morning since retiring at the Australian Open with a hip injury.
But just hours before facing Feliciano Lopez, Nadal held a press conference and revealed he had suffered a recurrence of the injury.
“During my last training, I noticed again a puncture in the same area that I felt in Australia," Nadal said.
"The doctors told me it's impossible to play; it hurts and I have no choice. I always try to [play] until the last moment, but I can't."
The injury is a huge blow to the world No 2, who has now pulled out of six... read more
- 13:58 Man, 80, on a mission to stop cyclists riding in pedestrian area of...
- 13:58 Sutton mum smashed ex’s windscreen with claw hammer
- 13:58 Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s cut petrol prices
- 13:58 Jail for Mansfield boozer who assaulted girlfriend and knocked out...
- 13:55 A59 at Kex Gill: Repair dates unveiled for troubled route into...
- 13:55 Far-right group 'planning to march in Liverpool' - and are told...
- 13:54 Smiling prisoner with distinctive tattoo escapes from a Derbyshire...
- 13:53 Philip Pullman loses His Dark Materials ballpoint pen
- 13:52 Much-loved horse rider, 21, found hanged after taking cocaine
- 13:52 Police target drivers using mobile phones
- 13:52 GALLERY: Could you give a home to one of Marlene Brewer's cats?
- 13:50 Council admits allowing travellers to stay on public land in Nuneaton
- 13:49 Amazing timelapse video shows an M6 motorway bridge being removed
- 13:49 Mauricio Pochettino reveals when Spurs could move into their...
- 13:49 Jeremy Corbyn tells Labour conference he could be Prime Minister...
- 13:47 Marc Jones responds to police funding statement
- 13:47 Wakefield Beer Festival is on next week
- 13:47 Lesbos refugee camp at centre of Greek misuse of EU funds row
- 13:47 Met Police relaxes tattoo ban to recruit more officers to the force
- 13:47 ACT to celebrate 70th anniversary
- 13:47 Jeremy Corbyn promises to ‘recognise Palestinian state as soon as...
- 13:46 Traveller’s methane concerns over Sheffield Ski Village...
- 13:46 Sheffield College principal backs fair funding campaign
- 13:45 Jeremy Corbyn calls for election if MPs vote down May's Brexit deal
- 13:44 Liverpool vs Chelsea LIVE STREAM: What channel is Carabao Cup game...
- 13:43 Deadline fast approaching for byelaws
- 13:42 Hull councillor gets 34 free Humber Street Sesh tickets - but...
- 13:41 Sheffield College principal backs fair funding campaign
- 13:40 Marc Jones responds to police funding statement
- 13:39 Israel v Scotland: Travel advice issued ahead of UEFA Nations...