Pyeongchang sets new record for Winter Paralympics ticket sales
With five days of competition left to go, the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics has already set a new record for ticket sales, surpassing the total number sold at Sochi in 2014.
Sales have now reached 320,531. Friday’s opening ceremony was attended by 21,000 people, while more than 100,000 had purchased tickets for the first three days of competition – with a turnout rate of 75%. Some 90% of tickets for all remaining sessions in the Pyeongchang Games have been sold.
The International Paralympic Committee president, Andrew Parsons, said: “It is fantastic news that Pyeongchang 2018 has now... read more
- 05:06 An ageless tale of Coldstream’s braw trees
- 05:03 Victoria's Catholic education head appears to claim credit for...
- 05:03 Family of James Ricketson 'hesitant' about film-maker returning to...
- 05:02 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 04:44 Hong Kong bans pro-independence party as China tightens grip
- 04:38 Work starts on £1m media centre at Champions (UK) Plc as turnover...
- 04:20 Care job vacancies in England rise to 110,000
- 04:20 Compensation for delay-hit Northern passengers extended
- 04:17 'Modicare': India's PM promises free health care for poorest citizens
- 04:13 Esports degree: 'I won't spend three years playing games'
- 04:13 The UK's most ambitious children
- 04:13 Comment: Phoenix lands in Edinburgh
- 04:07 Child mental health: Camhs 'not fit for purpose'
- 04:07 Buckingham Palace: Man released over 'Taser' keyring error
- 04:07 Contaminated blood scandal: Inquiry 'must uncover truth'
- 03:48 US-China trade: US set to impose biggest round of tariffs yet
- 03:31 Comment: Building bridges between Scotland and Ireland
- 03:31 Comment: Scouts are always prepared for business success
- 03:24 Melbourne plane crash: Pilot error in fatal shopping centre incident
- 03:24 Brett Kavanaugh: Second allegation made against court nominee
- 03:14 Whitsundays shark attacks occurred in swimming 'no-go zone',...
- 03:04 Bodyguard: The critics' verdicts on BBC show's finale
- 02:54 Brexit: Labour conference vote wording agreed
- 02:43 Brett Kavanaugh faces second allegation of sexual misconduct
- 02:32 Toyota Supra 2019: first drives, prices, specs and UK release date
- 01:35 The Aquarius: Migrant rescue ship has registration revoked
- 01:29 Germany: Merkel's coalition solves spymaster dispute that rattled...
- 01:21 Obesity could overtake smoking as biggest preventable cause of...
- 01:20 Northern agrees to compensate non-season ticket holders
- 01:13 Northern agrees to compensate non-season ticket holders