Pupils take on Latin from 10 years of age
Primary school children in Sheffield are getting to grips with an ancient language as part of a pioneering project. A group of year five and six pupils from Arbourthorne Primary have taken up Latin as part of a scheme with Sheffield High School for Girls.
The class of gifted and talented pupils have taken part in lessons with their school’s modern foreign languages teacher Liz Griggs and head of classics at Sheffield Girls’ Emma Burne.
Classes are taken weekly to improve the pupils English skills and give them an all round perspective of the subject, combining languages, science, drama and... read more
- 01:46 'Religion cannot stop LGBT education', says Ofsted boss
- 01:46 Mail order knife site linked to Cambridge murder
- 01:43 Brexit: What happens to the Erasmus student scheme in a no deal?
- 01:43 Young people living in vans, tiny homes and containers
- 01:41 North Korea must take 'meaningful' steps to earn sanctions relief,...
- 01:30 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:30 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Stopping the rot – high time for high...
- 01:28 The Yorkshire Post says: The rise of the Independents – give this...
- 01:22 Auckland threatens to eject Lime scooters after wheels lock at high...
- 01:21 Jeremy Corbyn calls on eight Labour defectors to quit as MPs
- 01:15 Alex Sobel: Why it is now vital that we extend Article 50 over Brexit
- 01:15 Jayne Dowle: The Independent rebels with a cause must look to...
- 01:15 Tim Morris: Getting freight moving – don’t let the M62 grind the...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: Action stations – getting the North back...
- 01:09 On the grid for new kart season
- 00:54 Lincolnshire councils have spent THOUSANDS of pounds hosting awards...
- 00:49 Council leaders warned against imposing car park tax levy ahead of...
- 00:48 Teacher targeted over LGBT work shortlisted for $1m global award
- 00:36 Cost of care for asylum-seeking children ‘doubles in four years’
- 00:36 Culture secretary to meet Mark Zuckerberg in US after snub to MPs
- 00:35 Olives pitting US against EU in global trade fight
- 00:27 City centres 'could become ghost towns'
- 00:26 Sign up for junior golf sessions in Alford
- 00:26 Bowls A team enjoy Horncastle win
- 00:24 India Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias ‘failed abuse victims’
- 00:22 High streets will become 'ghost towns' without urgent tax reforms,...
- 00:21 Fresh concerns over Whirlpool's 'fire-risk' tumble dryer repairs
- 00:21 David Mundell claims Brexit will enhance devolution
- 00:21 Musicians voice concern over Ryan Adams' abuse allegations