Pupils at Kenilworth school learn about its history in 50th anniversary celebration
Pupils at a Kenilworth primary school took a trip back in time as it celebrated its 50th anniversary earlier this month. Children at Park Hill Junior School learned about the old games that pupils use to play with each other in 1968, such as hopscotch and marbles, as well as the fashion and music of the time.
The school displayed the first register from when it opened on January 8, 1968, which parents came to see.
A letter from the Park Hill’s first headteacher, Mr Ratcliffe, was also on show for people to view.
A 50th anniversary cake was baked for the occasion by parent Anna Wright, which... read more
- 04:00 Welcome to North Macedonia: parliament votes for name change
- 03:52 Justine Greening: Time for some hard truths – Brexit should not...
- 03:41 Brexit EU summit: The week the talks got stuck in spinach
- 03:41 Who was the real Granny Smith?
- 03:00 Axe-wielding man jailed following Derbyshire pub fight
- 02:27 This is the latest high street chain set to open a store in...
- 02:27 Who’s been sentenced at Northampton Magistrates’ Court
- 01:36 Tom Richmond: Dodging urgent questions on Universal Credit – Esther...
- 01:33 David Behrens: It takes a lot less than 20 minutes to demolish the...
- 01:31 David Behrens: It takes a lot less than 20 minutes to demolish the...
- 01:16 One Nigerian woman's mission to save Lagos beaches and turtles from...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: A shop window. The true value of...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: The national interest. One Yorkshire...
- 01:07 Birmingham wall collapse death families 'await answers'
- 01:07 Rose-coloured starling watchers descend on house near Norwich
- 01:04 Chelsea to thrash Man Utd, Wembley embarrassment, West Ham impress...
- 01:04 Chelsea vs Man United: Maurizio Sarri makes surprise admission...
- 01:03 Woman turns to Facebook to find a sperm donor
- 01:03 Chris Pine kept up Scottish accent after filming
- 01:03 Living outside Scottish cities 'saves money'
- 01:03 Jasmine Rook: Falmouth student and transgender campaigner took own...
- 01:03 Wrong-name Cambridge Half Marathon winner can re-apply
- 00:57 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 00:57 Facebook fake review factories uncovered by Which? investigation
- 00:57 The People’s Vote march: when, where and why it is happening
- 00:52 Fake moon: Could China really light up the night sky?
- 00:52 Mission to Mercury: BepiColombo spacecraft ready for launch
- 00:47 Two men charged with murder after death of man in Battersea
- 00:26 Talking Horses: Blinkered Cracksman remains a serious threat at Ascot
- 00:17 Killer sudoku 628