Pub fined for illegally showing Premier League football
A Merseyside pub has been fined over £16,000 for illegally showing football matches.
The Mayflower pub in Bootle showed Premier League football on Sky Sports without having an agreement with the broadcaster. Janet Ferguson, Lisa Kaye and Arnold Martin, who all worked at the Mayflower, were all found guilty of six offences and ordered to pay £5,449.77 each.
Premier League football matches were shown at the pub, next to the Strand Shopping centre, earlier this year.
The prosecution was brought by FACT, an intellectual property crime organisation and took place at Sefton Magistrates on... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle