Probe launched after baby's body found
0 Have your say An investigation is underway after the body of a baby was found at a home. Police were called around 6pm yesterday to an address on Garstang Road North.
Officers attended and sadly found the body of a baby boy at the address.
An investigation was launched by detectives and enquiries remain on-going.
The cause of the baby’s death is currently being treated as unexplained. A post mortem will be carried out in due course.
A 15-year-old girl, the baby’s mother, is currently receiving medical attention and support at hospital.
Det Chief Insp Jill Johnston, of Lancashire Police’s... read more
- 02:51 MPs accuse government of complacency over 'fake news' on Facebook
- 02:51 Australia play part in cricket history even as UAE's World Cup...
- 02:39 Cruden results hit by lower private home sales
- 02:10 Former Newsnight editor: 'Stop obsessing about gender'
- 02:05 Matugga Distillers add ‘African soul’ to West Lothian site
- 02:05 Number of fast food outlets in Leeds is on the rise, figures reveal
- 02:01 'Watching our mates drop dead': New Zealand's synthetic cannabis...
- 01:55 Vegetarian meat substitutes 'exceeding salt limits'
- 01:47 Attending public or private school makes no difference in Naplan...
- 01:27 South Shields care home team win national award for going the extra...
- 01:22 Amy Schumer announces pregnancy on Instagram
- 01:16 Monsanto trial: judge rejects bid to overturn landmark cancer verdict
- 01:16 Guns and guards to be removed from Korean 'truce village' of Panmunjom
- 01:15 Demands for extra cash for ‘ignored’ children
- 01:12 Beaver reintroduction positive example of 'rewilding' says study
- 01:10 Liam Fox says Trump 'very keen' on trade deal
- 01:08 Britain's oldest football referee William "Harry" Hardy funeral
- 01:06 Andrew Vine: Politicians must get out of the gutter and heed the...
- 01:02 Tim Dewey: Budget must deliver three cheers for the great British...
- 01:02 Diana Johnson: Time to remove the stigma from our abortion laws and...
- 01:02 Pret sandwich death: Michael Gove to meet family
- 01:00 World's oldest intact shipwreck discovered in Black Sea
- 00:59 Stephen Hawking's personal items to be sold at auction
- 00:56 Spending plans must not ignore children, government told
- 00:46 Scheme to bring affordable housing to Knaresborough officially...
- 00:41 Man ‘stoned to death’ by monkeys
- 00:34 Highlands and Islands named among top world destinations for 2019
- 00:32 DVDs have had their day as shoppers go skimpy and sustainable
- 00:31 Sexual harassment inquiry finds it's not safe for women and girls...
- 00:29 Bodybuilding brothers face-off